Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»Palette Makeover Game

Palette Makeover Game

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 115 Comments
Do you have a palette that you're not so proud of anymore? Maybe the colors just don't pop they way they should, or you couldn't make it work the way you wanted. Instead of deleting that bad boy, why not ask your fellow CLs to give it a face-lift?

The rules are simple: take the palette posted by the last person and remake it. Tweak the HSV values as much as you like. Re-order & resize the colors. You can completely change one color, but only if really necessary -- the idea here is to fix the palette while staying true to its original intent. If the original used blue, purple, black, white and orange, try to use at least four of those hues (mixed as you choose).

When you're all done, post one of your own palettes that could use some love.

(optional) Share a few words about your thought process during the makeover so that the rest of us can (hopefully) learn something :)

(optional, but very helpful) When you post your own makeover candidate, say a little about where you were going with it, and what you don't like about how it turned out. This really helps your CL stylist during the makeover :)

(just for fun) Feeling ambitious? Feel free to remake TWO palettes -- the last one posted and another one from the last page or so of requests. This will give some lucky applicants the chance to see multiple takes on their work, and is totally within the spirit of this game.

Here's the lovely badge created by Piahr!

copy and paste badge code

To kick things off, a palette of my own:
Call_to_Adventure
I'll try.... I hope I can do this correctly
Fixed
Maybe_some_green...

Needs Help:
I_love_popsicles
Hey, this is fun!

Scrumpery, in order to introduce a bit more drama and contrast I've taken the liberty of warming your pink/reds up, then cooling down the black to create something for them to pop against. Like so:

All_Part_of_the_Game

As for my entry, if someone could make something--anything really--more exciting out of this palette, I'd be thrilled:

Lavish_Affection
Well... Maybe you should add the dark colour first then make it go bright. Also its more interesting if you change the width of the palette. And since most of the colour have a dusty color, maybe you can keep it do the dusty side

Lime_affection

Needs help:
China_River
Loving what I see so far guys! Will be playing a bit later this evening when I get the chance. A reminder -- try not to change all or even most of the colors in the remake. The idea is to keep the same basic feel and color structure, but tweak the HSV (darkness/lightness) slider and rearrange/resize as appropriate. :)
Yes... I really like your idea as such, Scrumpery, but for my palette I wanted to keep to the same basic colours, just maybe tweaked in towards the new and exciting. :)
Decided to give both of these a whirl :)

Butterflyminder, the colors of your original palette were already very lovely. The only real issue was that green -- it didn't fit with the rest of your dusty, floral shades. I tried lightening it up, but that left the rest too weak. So instead, I set it several steps towards black and then toned down the saturation a bit to get a dark gray-green that I really liked (might have gone a little far towards gray, but it seemed to work). After that, it was just a bit of reordering and re-sizing to emphasize the primary colors. I hope you like it!
Evening_Roses

For you, Scrumpery, I liked the oriental feel, but felt that the green and blue were too bright to play nicely with the gray and white you'd chosen. I lightened and desaturated the green, and also bumped the bright blue down a bit so that it would play nicely with the navy. Then I rearranged the colors a lot to make sure that they all worked next to each other before settling on the final arrangement.
Green_Tea

Needs help (I don't even know where I was going with this one):
Courting_Mermaids
Underwater_Loves

Well... I love this palette. its interesting.

So, Courting means be involved with romantically, typically with the intention of marrying. Also means "to go out with". Love is like bright colors! So maybe add some bright colors. To me the orangeish dusty color ruins it a bit. So I changed it to the related colour of the pink! (Am I teaching...)

NEED DEFETNLY HELP ON!
My_Wonderful_Walk
Sunday_Saunters

I went to the Photocopa file to work with the original image on this one. I liked the brightness of Scrumpery's palette, especially the lime and the white and didn't really want to change them. What I wanted to fool with was the coral-green-purple combo. Although I liked the hues, I felt like they were fighting just a little bit.

I picked out a darker (and somewhat less intense) purple, a pink that was less coral and more rosy, and a darker green that was a hair more yellow than blue. Then I reordered the colors.

My candidate for makeover:
Paris_au_Printemps

Keep in mind that this was made for the Palette Average Game, so the color you should probably not tamper with is the violet. That color made me think of Paris in the spring – but I think the palette is drab and dark and blah…
Piahr wanted a lighter, brighter palette. Something reminiscent of spring. So the first thing I did was lighten the blue and warm the green, so that they would play a bit nicer with the cream. I added some red to the dark purple and lightened it as well, then rearranged the colors to be somewhat reminiscent of the French flag. As requested, the violet was left alone.
An_American_in_Paris

Needs help:
Matchbox_Twenty
This was a palette I made for one of my favorite bands. I wanted it to be a bit moody and complex, something that evoked a bittersweet feeling. But it just ended up being kind of flat and one-note.
Matchbox_Twenty-one

well... (Im not very good at colours so thats why I'm here. to learn) I went to youtube (heres the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Naa1HXeDQ) So the video is surrounded by dark colours. Dark colours can be negative. So I added some dark colors to it. Blue also express saddnes. So I mix the dark to the blue.

Need Help:
Moon-gazing

Oh! What I like is to keep Old_White_Moon
(And also... Where is the badge code for the palette makeover...)
Scrumpery wrote:
(And also... Where is the badge code for the palette makeover...)

Will add that to the instructions a bit later today -- been busy with a very sick family.
I don't think this is better than Moon-Gazing I actually like the original very, very much! Here's my version anyhow.

Lunar_Gazing

Here is mine to tweak!
In_a_Tizzy
Just changed one of the colors and did some rearranging. :)
Dizzy_Tizzy

Here's one of mine that I'm not thrilled with:
I_See_You_Celestial
I really already loved your palette! I just thought that making the purples slightly more lighter and muted would bring out the celestial feel a bit more. Lovely work!
Magical_Revamp★

My palette that needs help:
Wait_For_Tomorrow★

I wanted it to be vibrant, but I think it's TOO pink. Someone work your magic, I'd love to see how you can help this palette out!
i tried lightening the first color and then blended the rest of the colors with #CADCD4. it ended up more pastel than anything but i think it still looks nice!
wait_for_revamp
my palette that needs some help is:
rose_moon
Rose_Night
(Theres Nothing to say for this one. VitamainKO is more better. I'm here to learn!)

Need Help:
Love_Menu
I feel like this can be something more... romantic
undying_love
I darkened and brightened some of the colors here
Need Help:
Hats_on_Elves
The name is fun, but the palette is blah.
Elves_needs_Parkas
I brigtened the colours because forests are peaceful (Hats on Elves IS WAY BETTER!!)

Need Help:
Seagull_Migration
Its not even beachy anymore :,(
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
Contact Me NOW FOR UPDATE DATA
#Fullz INFO SSN DOB USA
#Fullz INFO SSN DOB DL USA
#ID SCAN two-sided
#FULLZ INFO UK
#FUllz INFO UK + NIN
#FULLZ INFO CA + SIN
#FULLZ INFO GER + IBAN

Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
#Fullz INFO SSN DOB USA
#ID SCAN two-sided
#FULLZ INFO UK
#FUllz INFO UK + NIN
#FULLZ INFO CA + SIN
#FULLZ INFO GER + IBAN

paulsky555
paulsky555
#Fullz INFO SSN DOB USA
#ID SCAN two-sided
#FULLZ INFO UK
#FUllz INFO UK + NIN
#FULLZ INFO CA + SIN
#FULLZ INFO GER + IBAN

paulsky555
paulsky555
#Fullz INFO SSN DOB USA
#ID SCAN two-sided
#FULLZ INFO UK
#FUllz INFO UK + NIN
#FULLZ INFO CA + SIN
#FULLZ INFO GER + IBAN

paulsky555
paulsky555
10 hours ago
TODAY HOT UPDATE
Full Info USA
Full Info Male
Full Info Female
Full Info State
Full Info DOB
Full Info MMN
Full Info Random
Full Info Military
Full Info Bussines
Full Info DL + exp
Full Info CS
Full Info + Employer Info
Full Info + BA(A & R)+DL + Employer info
Full Info CANADA ?? (Random).
Full Info USA wholesale.
Full Info State

TELEGRAM: Paulsky555

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.