Have you been asked to be the best man? Now you have many responsibilities — plan a killer bachelor party, help the groom solve routine issues related to the upcoming ceremony. Everything would be fine if there were no need to make a toast.
What do you need for a good beginning? You can get inspired by looking at old photos or videos. If it doesn’t work, our best man speech examples will help you to start.
What Should the Best Man Speeches Be About?
Usually, the best man’s speech is intended more for the groom, to support him on such an important day, and to tell his bride and all the guests about what a great person your friend is.
When Is It a Perfect Time for the Best Man Speeches?
The best man’s speech is usually scheduled after the groom’s speech. Don’t worry, to remember your place in the wedding ceremony chain, the newlyweds organize a wedding rehearsal.
Best Man Speech Outlines
No matter how much experience you have in writing, you can only do it with a precise script. Here’s a standard best-man speech structure.
- Tell who you are and how you know the groom.
- Tell a short, funny story about your relationship with your friend that also relates to what makes the newlyweds’ relationship unique.
- Praise the newlywed couple and wish them all the best.
- Invite guests to toast the newlyweds.
How to Write a Best Man Speech?
You are not able to express your thoughts beautifully on paper. Here are a few tips on how to write the most powerful speeches and what factors are taken into account:
- The duration of your address should be 30-40 seconds.
- Tone: remember that the groom’s mother and perhaps his grandmother will listen to your speech. Avoid vulgar jokes and swear words.
- Contents: as practice shows, great best-man speeches, which are based on real stories from life, are the most appreciated, even more than funny or not-so-funny jokes.
Best Man Speech Examples: How to Start?
Now, you are entirely ready to write an excellent toast. However, if you need help writing your speech, we have a few ideas to help get you started.
“Hi everyone, I am the best man and a close friend of the groom. I’m sure you’ve seen me often during ceremonies. Yeah, I can be intrusive.
Our couple looked at me wrongly so I will continue my speech. What can I say about our groom? I have never met a more reliable person, and now I even envy the bride…”
“Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen; I’m Chris, the best man at this wedding. I’m glad to be the best man. No one likes to be the second-best person. But let’s get back to our groom. Are you ready, Paul? I’m going to tell you nothing but the truth!” As you can see, there is nothing scary in the best man’s speech. Find a perfect best man speech example and continue the story of your friendship in your manner, occasionally intertwining it with jokes. What if the outline is not enough to help? Contact a professional wedding toast writer!