Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»New Feature Requests»ANNUAL COMMUNITY RECOGNITION AWARDS - SUGGESTION BOX

ANNUAL COMMUNITY RECOGNITION AWARDS - SUGGESTION BOX

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 4 of 4 Comments
Team
Some members are tossing around the idea of a sort of Community Awards at the end of each year.

I'm open to listening to some ideas and putting together a proposal. This should be community planned for the most part and I can help implement it.

My personal concerns is that this would backfire and turn in to another form of a "Popularity Contest." So keep this in mind when proposing how member votes might be taken place and categories for winning, etc.

Suggestions for planning topics:

1.) The basic idea (please try to edit before posting and keep it as minimal and bullet-listed as possible)

2.) How do we cast votes? My best suggestion is using Wufoo's survey platform... COLOURlovers will probably not have the development power to build something custom (but I can always ask if you can give good reason as to why Wufoo would not work).

3.) What type of awards would be given out?
- Customized Digital Award Badges for the member to display on their profile (name, year & award - digital trophy).
- Physical Awards: Seamless Studio? COLOURlovers Sponsored account? Contest Partners awards (i.e. gift code for say, Betabrand, Moo, Uprinting?)
- Other ideas welcome!

---------
*** A lot of my time is being actively involved in resolving some CONTEST ISSUES HERE. I'm leaving this suggestion box open and I will try to keep up as it goes along. IF we decide to go forward with this motion then I would hope we can plan it by the end of September to have it ready for December or January.***

Email me if you need something answered asap. [email protected]

THANKS!!

Molly Bermea
Community Curator
I wish I could support this idea, because it sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't have a good feeling about it. The simple fact is that the original idea proposed in the contest thread really would be a popularity contest, which is exactly what some members are rallying against.

If we were to go with this idea, I feel the awards would need to be based on achievement and reserved only for those who have gone above and beyond in different areas of the site (such as pattern design, groups, tutorials, etc.) Nothing like "Member Who Created the Best Palette from a Photo of Macarons" or anything like that. Make them awards that people must strive for. :)

I'm talking about the real CL superstars; those members who have made this community what it is today. WordofMouse, Anna, Praxicalidocious, AmericanWoman, Ketisse, Hana*, jjolimie...just to name a few. The perfect name for it would be The Sunmeadow Awards, in honor of one of the most hardworking members this community has ever had.

As a prize, how about some sort of special recognition on their profile? Perhaps a bar under their user name that states "Excellence Award Winner" or even a little trophy beside their user name?

Please keep in mind that these are only my ideas. I'm just throwing some thoughts out here. ♥
@Mei

I think people are rallying against popularity taking over design contests - not popularity in general. I haven't encountered anyone who is upset over certain members being recognized for their popularity (in the form of 1LPs and/or gifts).

That being said, I definitely think there are people who go above and beyond to help make the site better, and they should be recognized; but if they are, it needs to be completely separate from design contests. After all, design contests should be about design - not a person's character.

I like your ideas much better than an "awards show". And instead of making it an annual thing, what if there was a group that focuses on community involvement? Maybe it could work with Molly to create bi-weekly or monthly blog posts that highlight a member's involvement here on CL, and a "get to know you" blurb so people can get a better idea of who the person being recognized is. I also love the idea of a trophy or recognition bar on user profiles, too... that might be something the group could design/code (something unique for each "winner") to save the CL staff some time.

Thoughts?
Toff,
You've made some excellent points (and ones I never would have thought of myself as I am dull like that :P). I agree with you concerning keeping achievement recognition seperate from the design contests. Should have specified this in my original post. Sorry about that!

Your group idea is fantastic! It could even be called The Sunmeadow Group. And it is funny that you should mention the blogs because I actually suggested that a few months ago when Molly was doing the weekly community polls. Great minds think alike, eh? ^_^

Overall, I adore your ideas and would love nothing more than to see them materialize. This would be a great opportunity for all of us!

Hugs,
Mei

toffee sprinkles wrote:
@Mei

I think people are rallying against popularity taking over design contests - not popularity in general. I haven't encountered anyone who is upset over certain members being recognized for their popularity (in the form of 1LPs and/or gifts).

That being said, I definitely think there are people who go above and beyond to help make the site better, and they should be recognized; but if they are, it needs to be completely separate from design contests. After all, design contests should be about design - not a person's character.

I like your ideas much better than an "awards show". And instead of making it an annual thing, what if there was a group that focuses on community involvement? Maybe it could work with Molly to create bi-weekly or monthly blog posts that highlight a member's involvement here on CL, and a "get to know you" blurb so people can get a better idea of who the person being recognized is. I also love the idea of a trophy or recognition bar on user profiles, too... that might be something the group could design/code (something unique for each "winner") to save the CL staff some time.

Thoughts?
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
Wish everyone a happy weekend!!!!
If you need tools to work contact me now!!!
Fullz info – CVV – PAYPAL – Cashapp – DL SCAN
Telegram: paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
Update Fresh and Good Today 18/05/2024
#fullz info ssn dob dl usa
#fullz id scan
#fullz dead uk
#fullz info canada-uk

TELEGRAM: PAULSKY555
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
2 days ago
I'm online and looking for a good and long-term buyer, the tools are always available, quality to sell to everyone, especially never reseller

Telegram: Paulsky555

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.