Welcome. Here you'll find the latest home and interior-design focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next interior design project.

Channels»Home»Forums»Home»Living in Color»Help with color scheme

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Help with color scheme

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 5 of 5 Comments
I have a home office that I created using soft yellow-greens (walls and carpet) and aqua blues (upholstered furniture), with cottage white furniture and some natural accents. The problem is that the room is on the north side of the house so doesn't get a lot of natural light so feels dark, cold and rather 'swampy' with the mossy green walls and carpet. It's not inviting and needs some energy! I don't know what to do to warm it up. I'm afraid of introducing a strong accent color (like orange or yellow) for fear the beachy feel will get lost (will it?), but everything is in the mid-tones so it all seems so monotone and lacking contrast. Any advice on a color accent to introduce or or a wall color that might help?
Coral is very beach appropriate - not quite orange or yellow, so I don't think you'd lose your vibe. If you don't want coral accents, a poster with coral tones with a large white mat and frame might break up the green walls and add the punch you're looking for.
Great suggestion! I do love coral... thank you!
Consider trying different sources for lighting before switching up the colors. The type of indoor lighting used can make a marked difference in brightness and ambiance.
Great suggestions.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
UPDATE Bulk Fullz info USA-UK-CA-GER
Best Money Transfer Cashapp-Paypal
Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Home Colors

//View More ›

Latest Home Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Home Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.