Welcome. Here you'll find the latest home and interior-design focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next interior design project.

Channels»Home»Forums»Home»Living in Color»Colors for my new bedroom?

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Colors for my new bedroom?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 7 of 7 Comments
I'm starting my first year of College this fall, and I'm moving into our little house. I have a cute little bedroom that's about 10 feet by 10 feet, and I would love to add some color to the walls. (: However, I'm a little indecisive.

IMAGE FAIL. D: Can't figure it out. :c

oh well. here. xD http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/2267630/How_cute.

These are some colors I really like, and I'm thinking for sure about the grayish blue/navy walls. For the ceiling, I was thinking the light green, but then again, I'm still not sure.

I also want a third color for other little details and stuff, so I'm deciding between the peachish pink, the teal, or the light yellow? Maybe even a Beige. I just can't decide.

I don't want my room to look too rainbowy and colorful or childish, cause I'm moving in for College after all. I'll be there for 4 years at least so I want it to at least be colors I like.

so I don't know, what do you think would look good with the blue? Or maybe even what color would look good with the blue and the green if you think those two colors are a good choice already?
Nice article, good idea for bedroom !

I like green and blue together. I agree you don't want too many colors on the walls. You can do a lot with your accessories to bring the other colors in. You may want to use the dark blue on only one wall or as the biggest item in the room - your bed. Or maybe you have a quilt that has all the colors which will pull it all together.

This is my bedroom palette Rise and Shine inspired from a Kleenex box. The teal is the bed - the others will be accent colors.

What is your inspiration piece?

Ooh, Rise and Shine is really pretty.

I don't have an inspiration piece though. D': I just picked colors I thought were pretty together. xD
liannasaur wrote:
I'm starting my first year of College this fall, and I'm moving into our little house. I have a cute little bedroom that's about 10 feet by 10 feet, and I would love to add some color to the walls. (: However, I'm a little indecisive.

IMAGE FAIL. D: Can't figure it out. :c

oh well. here. xD http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/2267630/How_cute.

These are some colors I really like, and I'm thinking for sure about the grayish blue/navy walls. For the ceiling, I was thinking the light green, but then again, I'm still not sure.

I also want a third color for other little details and stuff, so I'm deciding between the peachish pink, the teal, or the light yellow? Maybe even a Beige. I just can't decide.

I don't want my room to look too rainbowy and colorful or childish, cause I'm moving in for College after all. I'll be there for 4 years at least so I want it to at least be colors I like.

so I don't know, what do you think would look good with the blue? Or maybe even what color would look good with the blue and the green if you think those two colors are a good choice already?

liannasaur,
so many things to think about, too many colours to chose from, your mind is young and unsettled, and this is a good thing .... for a collage gail.
the room is on the small size, but don't change your choses of colours, I jest put a little spin on your colours palette
Japanese_Honey
Walls: Downside_Up
Sheers: morning_ritual
Upholstered HB: Seafoam_Silver
Bedding: Stasis_East
Quilt: Nippon
2nd. Quilt: Steal_Wave
Furniture: China_Dawn
if your budget is tight such as myself search for second hand; chest of drawers (flat face)
painting base *Colour: china nite black
and drawer *Colour: japanese spice
adding Asian Style Hardware: tarnish black copper
^ 2nd chose Open Cubical Shelf *Ikea
add tapered leg to shelf
Lamp: fullmetal
and other accessories =D
Great article.
You could've just played off blue and green by using several different shades of both.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
CVV - FULLZ INFO - DL PHOTO - FULLZ DEAD
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
You need fullz to register Create driver accounts spark driver, Contact me now

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Home Colors

//View More ›

Latest Home Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Home Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.