Welcome. Here you'll find the latest home and interior-design focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next interior design project.

Channels»Home»Forums»Home»Living in Color»Your Mood Room. What Color is it?

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Your Mood Room. What Color is it?

Create New Topic
Showing 21 - 40 of 40 Comments
My creative space is mostly a dark chocolate brown with pale green and blue accents.
clippings
Something like this usually comes to mind; I tend to prefer being in bright, bold spaces. A warmer yellow softened just enough to keep it from being overwhelming, blonde wood floors, white mouldings and sheer curtains... vibrant teal as an accent, painted shelves or something like that. It would be comforting to me.

empire_ants_2
I'd also be partial to something like this, feeling more modern. Red walls, black leather and matte metal minimalism. I see antique medical illustrations on the walls for some reason.
My creative space should be in warm colors red, yellow and orange. These colors make my room cozy. Also, they are energetic and inspiring which makes a perfect atmosphere for work.
We recently updated the living room.
Desert_Evening

We took it darker than the original scheme so we didn't have to change out so many things:

This_Desert_Life
OMG Ortensia..
my working name has alway been StormGirl Blue...
I could just copy that straight out to use in my spirituality profiles..... lol. considering I do both a little psychic reading ( personal empowering, not fortune telling ) and deign I never knew just how well the Blue fits.

May I save that and drop it in one day if it fits ?

oo here i my mood room
This_is_where_I_live

It a big outdoor room :).. my local beach and lake.
If I could paint my room, it might look a bit like this.
♥_i_s_h_e_r_e
Unforunately, all the rooms in my house look like this:
white
Before: Dads_Office

After:Dads_New_Office

We redid my office a while back. I would like to thank my wife for her genius choices of color. I liked the color combination of the original, but after a while it was a little too bright for me. There a good sized window in the office with plenty of light, so some of the color was being washed out. When we reworked the office, we used the original combination in a smaller room with less light and it works great in that setting.

The bulk of my office is in the tan to olive range (I'm retired military, so for me the colors are familiar and comforting), with punches of orange to keep the room from feeling overly formal . The metals are brass/gold and the woods are mainly oak. As I said, the room gets lots of northern light, so that the darker shades do not overwhelm you.
Colors, patterns and interior design - well, I have certainly found my niche here - most recently, we re-did the master bedroom walls - the color of the carpet was teal - I really loved what I had, but the fabulous wallpaper that I LOVED on one accent wall was chewed on by one of our dogs a while ago - I was tired of moving things in front of the bare spot - well, I ended up using that same wall for an accent wallpaper, two more walls with a coordinating wallpaper, and then picked up the brick color from the wallpaper for one more wall and the ceiling.
Well, a ceiling in brick shades is my absolute favorite - I will NEVER paint a ceiling white again - what a difference! I am bold and confident with my choices - I never go shopping for things like this with anyone else - most people I know would never choose what I do, but they are amazed.
I went to a friend's house a few months ago for a color consultation with her before she had the inside painted - we were just going to go slightly above her comfort zone - she had an area rug that had a light cream color, and a I suggested she use that for most of the rooms, but to do one accent wall in a steel blue to pick up some of the shades.
Well, she chickened out - light cream was way too crazy for her! Guess what - it's the same white! BORING!
DarkStar wrote:
I tend to favor deep, rich, dark colors for creation and meditation and relaxation, which all go hand-in-hand for motivation because inspiration/productivity comes in fits and bounds for me. "Work, work, work/Play, play, play." However, I can feel pretty comfortable in most work spaces, as long as there is no disorganized clutter (and the space smells good; clean, with candles and incense); it can be filled with objects, as long as everything makes intuitive and logical sense, perhaps especially color combo-wise.

*goes to create a palette*

Just ran across a color:

Mile_High_Club
Something like this:
Love_31_♥

g l e e * wrote:
Unforunately, all the rooms in my house look like this:
white
Mine is like this:
Square_Wall
I like to play with light - the square is approx light green as on the badge, Depending the light/weather it's very visible or barely inexistent.
That would be the 'mood' room - my 'creative' space is white, whitest as possible - kinda perfectionist: it's so it doesn't influence the colours of what I'm doing! ^^'
ycc2106 wrote:
my 'creative' space is white, whitest as possible - kinda perfectionist: it's so it doesn't influence the colours of what I'm doing! ^^'

That is why I hate Copaso. Well, maybe not hate, but really dislike, at least. I think the black distorts the color and makes it much harder to see. Thank goodness you can at least click the little button to bring up the window which shows the palette so far. I think the basic palette maker is much easier on the eyes and easier to get just the color I want. Sometimes I will just makes the palette I want in Basic, then play around with the colors (changing sizes and all that) afterwards.
I really think it's kinda exaggerated, and only here do I dare say it!! ppl already think I'm weird! xD
and there's no need to exaggerate, our brain should correct light like cameras . (as explained here)

COPASO: Same problem here - I think it's where the items will be displayed at the end that counts... the editor is black and the final display is on white, if it was both black or both white, I think it would be OK. (CL was dark before!! screenshots).

Maybe this can be handy sometimes ?
>> HOW TO MAKE A FAKE PALETTE (make palette preview + the "create pattern" link without creating a palette)

Alicialoveslife wrote:
That is why I hate Copaso. Well, maybe not hate, but really dislike, at least. I think the black distorts the color and makes it much harder to see. Thank goodness you can at least click the little button to bring up the window which shows the palette so far. I think the basic palette maker is much easier on the eyes and easier to get just the color I want. Sometimes I will just makes the palette I want in Basic, then play around with the colors (changing sizes and all that) afterwards.

Me too! White feels clean! love it! .. but it also requires constant cleaning! that's an other problem.

sarahholmes2012 wrote:
I love minimalism especially on bathrooms because it makes me feel clean and trendy.
Wow, seeing those screenshots from before is a real eye opener! I'm so glad they changed it! All the dark hurts my eyes. I hope they never make the basic palette maker have a dark background.

White definitely needs more cleaning. . .just because things show up better, but beware home decorating enthusiasts! BLACK has the same problem! Every teeny tiny speck of lint. . .
What a great question!

My mood room would be relaxing and inviting to both genders.
Here's the palette and pattern of draperies or fabric or wallpaper (I haven't decided which):

ambiance

Trey

I'd add candles and plenty of ferns because the flower symbolism associated with ferns is magic, fascination, confidence, shelter, discretion, reverie and a secret bond of love. Ferns, because of their lace-like edge, seem to add an understated feminine touch to the room. I might also add a vase of cream-colored hydrangeas because they, in my opinion, bring in a bit of femininity to balance the rather masculine tone of the room. Also, they symbolize devotion and are my favorite flowers.

The chairs would be very comfortable, the wood would be dark with clean lines, and there would be music, books, and lighting with a dimmer switch, as well as a fireplace.
I was allowed to paint at my last place - this is what I ended up with, and I really loved it once it all came together:
grant_park
Three walls were green, one purple accent wall. My drapes and duvet were brown -- my computer and sewing desks were against the accent wall. I really grew to love it... kinda miss it sometimes.
these are the colors of my bedroom, (the walls are the dark blue-except 1)!! @@---my little sanctuary away from the Big screen, stationary bike and dishwasher. I made a " drifting on the High Seas" oasis,or maybe womb like ?? we are drawn to water, here i can read in relax. funny thing is, I'm actually not a big "BLUE" lover, but I do love this room-
mood_room
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
15 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
You need fullz to register Create driver accounts spark driver, Contact me now
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
15 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
15 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
15 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
15 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Home Colors

//View More ›

Latest Home Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Home Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.