Artist Palette Challenge
Created Dec 4, 2010
New challenge's are posted approx every three days
You are welcome to post to existing challenges at any time
1) The challenge is to create a palette (more than one if you like) based on a painting by the chosen artist.
2) Tag your palette with 'APC' and the APC challenge number
3) Copy and paste the badge code into the description box using the link provided
4) When you are ready post your palette and image to the relevant Artist conversation
Please DO NOT HOTLINK to images
How to Avoid Hotlinking!
1. USE A SHARE CODEIf an image has an embed code providied it means you are allowed to link to it, if not...
2. LOAD THE IMAGE TO A HOSTING SITEFind a stock photo, public domain or Creative Commons image or graphic
and upload it to an image hosting site that provides embed links for sharing on other sites, you can often do this directly from other sites if not download the image to your computer before uploading it. One good exmplle of such a site is imgur.com
3. LOAD THE IMAGE TO COLOURLOVERSOR even better upload the image to ColourLovers via Photocopa (just select CREATE A PALETTE and choose FROM A PHOTO
) so that the image is hosted here on site and then link to that. This image will also then be available in the Photocopa gallery for anyone here to use and you can use the IRL from the image for posting with your palette.
4. USING AN IMAGE ON COLOURLOVERSTo grab the image URL for an image hosted on ColourLovers click through from the thumbnail shown on the palette page to acess the larger version on the image page.
5. FINDING AN IMAGE PAGE ON COLOURLOVERSIf you are not using Photocopa to make your palette you can still load it to ColourLovers and grab the URL for posting - just find the image you have uploaded in the gallery and load it to Photocopa to grab the image ID code shown in the URL, you can then go into any image page and type over the image ID in the URL to go straight to the image you want.
A Photocopa image URL will look like the example shown below, the image ID for this example is 451040
and don't forgetAlways provide citation for the artist, photographer or copyright holder where known
Why is it a problem?
2. IT MAKES A MESS
The image you have linked to may be deleted from the site at a later date or the link to it blocked (see above re theft)
Here are some examples from earlier APC challenges but you can find similar examples all over the site.
.... and even earlier APC badges!!
Artist Palette Challenge
APC#33 Lynn Goldsmith
See here how to avoid it -Thank you!