Welcome to our wedding color community. Here you'll find the latest wedding-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your special day.

Channels»Wedding»Forums»Wedding»I Hue»Blue and Green?

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Blue and Green?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 21 Comments
Hello :)

Like many others, I am trying to plan my wedding. I really like jewel tones (especially emerald, sapphire, crimson, and amethyst) while my fiance likes fall colors (olive green, brown, cornflower blue, and sometimes he'll throw in maroon or black or something else). We are getting married at the end of March in Columbus, Ohio, but we don't have a venue yet.

Basically, we decided on blue as our main color, and I was trying to play around with a way to do maybe green (or another shade of blue?) and cream as accent colors. My most recent thought as been teal with royal blue and cream, but I have no idea if that goes together or not. Also, I think it might be difficult to find accessories, bridesmaid dresses, and other things in teal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Both my fiance and I are completely unartistic. I'm a history PhD student, and he's an actuary.
I hope this helps. Just some ideas:
for_taradaniellelast_minutecat_watches_birdstandard_stone
Also look at Blue and Green Togetherness.
Good luck
taradanielle wrote:
Hello :)

Like many others, I am trying to plan my wedding. I really like jewel tones (especially emerald, sapphire, crimson, and amethyst) while my fiance likes fall colors (olive green, brown, cornflower blue, and sometimes he'll throw in maroon or black or something else). We are getting married at the end of March in Columbus, Ohio, but we don't have a venue yet.

Basically, we decided on blue as our main color, and I was trying to play around with a way to do maybe green (or another shade of blue?) and cream as accent colors. My most recent thought as been teal with royal blue and cream, but I have no idea if that goes together or not. Also, I think it might be difficult to find accessories, bridesmaid dresses, and other things in teal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Both my fiance and I are completely unartistic. I'm a history PhD student, and he's an actuary.
Dear Taradanielle:
I think that cornflower blue would be beautiful for a spring wedding. I can see that with a gorgeous creamy off-white and a seafoam green. Also, cornflower blue looks good on just about every complexion type there is. If you look under the group name "gifted for colors" there will be a pallette there called "spring wedding" . It's for you. Hope you like it.
Congratulations! Here's my take ~ cream, soft green, dark duck-egg, teal and a navy/royal blue :)
Ohio
These are lovely! Thank you all for your help.
taradanielle wrote:
These are lovely! Thank you all for your help.

Glad to have the opportunity to help.
I love this one!
Ohio
Black and cream for him, sapphire for you!
Teal._._.Blue
Here is another great palette
trust_in_love
This one is nice as well.
Sounds
You have all provided some very lovely suggestions. I was just wondering, is there a color wheel on this site? If so where? I suppose that's why this site is called what it is. I'm just learning how to navigate my way about this portal.
Royal blue and cream might be a bit much depending on the season. I'd go for light blue and cream.
These are really lovely.
Sounds looks fabulous.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Skiffy
Skiffy
So... is this site failing? There's so many things "the sphinx server has broken" Or is all this just "normal"?
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
CVV - FULLZ INFO - DL PHOTO - FULLZ DEAD
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Colors

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.