Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»New Feature Requests»Letter to the community

Letter to the community

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Comments
Dear Fellow CLers and admin,

I have been a member of Colorlovers for nearly 8 years. Over that course of time, we've had some issues but, over all, my time here has been awesome. I have met some of my dearest friends here, and creating palettes and coloring patterns has been wonderful.
Then the website began to dramatically decline in quality. First, the admin disappears. After that, the site is overrun by spam and bots. Then came the sock-puppet accounts. Then came the teens with their disregard and disrespect for this community.

This is ridiculous. There is no excuse that the admin can give to justify the neglect and failure to establish any rules and regulations. Not only is it poor practice, it is dangerous.

I propose that a strike and ban system be put into place. One strike for each behavior such as:
- creating more than 2 accounts and actively using both accounts.
- spamming
- inappropiate and off-topic discussions in the forums, side bar, comments on profiles, patterns, colors, and palettes.
posting anything that could be a potential trigger including threats of self-harm and suicide.
- public role-playing
- stealing
- antagonism
- etc.

Three strikes lead to a permanent IP ban.

Please consider my suggestion. If others think this is needed, please speak up.

Thank you,
Mei
Team
OrigamiMei wrote:
Dear Fellow CLers and admin,

I have been a member of Colorlovers for nearly 8 years. Over that course of time, we've had some issues but, over all, my time here has been awesome. I have met some of my dearest friends here, and creating palettes and coloring patterns has been wonderful.
Then the website began to dramatically decline in quality. First, the admin disappears. After that, the site is overrun by spam and bots. Then came the sock-puppet accounts. Then came the teens with their disregard and disrespect for this community.

This is ridiculous. There is no excuse that the admin can give to justify the neglect and failure to establish any rules and regulations. Not only is it poor practice, it is dangerous.

I propose that a strike and ban system be put into place. One strike for each behavior such as:
- creating more than 2 accounts and actively using both accounts.
- spamming
- inappropiate and off-topic discussions in the forums, side bar, comments on profiles, patterns, colors, and palettes.
posting anything that could be a potential trigger including threats of self-harm and suicide.
- public role-playing
- stealing
- antagonism
- etc.

Three strikes lead to a permanent IP ban.

Please consider my suggestion. If others think this is needed, please speak up.

Thank you,
Mei
Hi Mei!

I forwarded your letter to the head of the tech team and he said he'll look into your request.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Piahr
Piahr
editorCL
editorCL
2 weeks ago
They've been taken care of. If you notice more spam accounts, please let me know.
Thank you for helping us to keep COLOURlovers clear of spam :)
miletran168
miletran168
2 weeks ago
sparrowandcompass wrote:
{omglove}Color by COLOURlovers.
wow. i like it.
Architela

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes