Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»New Feature Requests»Turning off the sidebar

Turning off the sidebar

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 22 Comments
I enjoy looking at different creations made by fellow CLers. However, there are a few members here I wish to avoid. I would prefer not to even see their usernames and avatars. If an update is ever made to the site, is there a chance we could have the option to turn off the sidebar?
A little too much... :p
I would also like to request the block feature again. I sincerely feel that this feature is essential, considering nothing is done by admin to regulate behavior. Therefore we need to have the option to not have to deal with the behavior of people that we find offensive.
MY idea :p
Find a way to make it happen then.

GabsGiggles wrote:
I'm not Darius.
Lilith underground wrote:

GabsGiggles wrote:
Why not?

GabsGiggles wrote:
I'm not Darius.
Lilith underground wrote:

GabsGiggles wrote:
Team
Thanks for the feedback Colourlovers. Let me ask and I will let you know what can/cannot be done.
Any news on this? I may just be me, but I really don't want to read other peoples conversations/drama on the side bar. That should be private for the people in the conversation. Just my two cents.
Hi Bubbletripper! I sent it as a request for the management to see. In the end, they are the one who decide about the changes on the site. I will let you know when I get the answer. :)
Team
Bubbletripper wrote:
Any news on this? I may just be me, but I really don't want to read other peoples conversations/drama on the side bar. That should be private for the people in the conversation. Just my two cents.
Hi Bubbletripper! I sent it as a request for the management to see. In the end, they are the one who decide about the changes on the site. I will let you know when I get the answer. :)
Hi Bubbletripper! I sent your suggestion to the management of the site. I still haven't heard from them. In the end, they decide about the changes on the site. I will let you know when I get the answer. I find sidebar quite useful as it lets me be up to date with what the community is doing. For instance, it helps me follow the complaints and the spam requests on the forum.
editorCL wrote:
Bubbletripper wrote:
Hi Bubbletripper! I sent your suggestion to the management of the site. I still haven't heard from them. In the end, they decide about the changes on the site. I will let you know when I get the answer. I find sidebar quite useful as it lets me be up to date with what the community is doing. For instance, it helps me
follow the complaints and the spam requests on the forum.

Thanks! i understand that, so maybe a way to turn it on or off for those that don't? It may be me but I really am not interested in others Rping in their chats and some of those conversations are just bizarre. Plus, the topic of suicide is a regular there it appears. I don't want to sound heartless, but is a color pattern site the place for these things and conversations??? With no way to report, you can't even report it for someone else to view..... it's really off putting and it's sorta made me not come around as much...
Team
Bubbletripper wrote:
editorCL wrote:
Bubbletripper wrote:
Hi Bubbletripper! I sent your suggestion to the management of the site. I still haven't heard from them. In the end, they decide about the changes on the site. I will let you know when I get the answer. I find sidebar quite useful as it lets me be up to date with what the community is doing. For instance, it helps me
follow the complaints and the spam requests on the forum.

Thanks! i understand that, so maybe a way to turn it on or off for those that don't? It may be me but I really am not interested in others Rping in their chats and some of those conversations are just bizarre. Plus, the topic of suicide is a regular there it appears. I don't want to sound heartless, but is a color pattern site the place for these things and conversations??? With no way to report, you can't even report it for someone else to view..... it's really off putting and it's sorta made me not come around as much...
I get your point Bubbletripper! I will mention this issue at our weekly call. Let me know what are these suicide convos you're talking about. Sounds a lot like spam.
We’ve had this same issue with teens and drama here at CL multiple times. When Darius was told about it, his reply was that he had no problem with them role-playing here. Basically, CL has no rules...
It's disturbing to say the very least.
!Bump!

So, I take it crickets are the answer. Got it. :/ I mean all you have to do is go to your notifications page and just scan the recent conversations. It's littered with preadolescent drivel. It sends a really poor message when this site basically promotes self-harm.
There's this thing about the sidebar that everyone seems to be talking about. I notice that my friends and I are involved in this. I'm not as involved in this anymore. People write very suicidal comments, which are seen on the sidebar. I do think that this is an issue. It's stressing a lot of creators out (including me). It's very annoying and I don't think anyone enjoys seeing those things. I'm sorry if I'm being offensive. I do think this is an important topic. I've stopped doing these things because I've realized that EVERYONE (on CL) can see your conversations. It's very disturbing to most CLers. These comments have been stressing me out as well. It's very hard to look at. Let me mention, these people ARE my friends. I just think that these conversations are NOT needed on CL. I'm not saying I don't use this website to chat with friends. I just believe that these conversations are NOT needed on the sidebar or the website. I love to make palettes, patterns, colours, pattern templates, and shapes on this website. It's always very fun for me. I think that the idea of being able to turn off the sidebar is smart though. I also think that if we could have a page to see people's new creations, it might fix our issues. This is just my logic. I'm not sure if ANY of that made much sense. I tried to explain it the best I could. Thank you for reading this though :)

~Samantha
But why CL? The internet has chat platforms galore. Plenty of texting apps exist as well.. There’s not even any point in using CL as a place to chat with people....
I'd also like some way to filter content on the site, such as allowing us to create a block list of words or phrases we’d prefer to avoid.
Still waiting for an option for the sidebat to be turned off and a block feature....
^^ 100% this.
OrigamiMei wrote:
But why CL? The internet has chat platforms galore. Plenty of texting apps exist as well.. There’s not even any point in using CL as a place to chat with people....

My guess would be, because this isn't monitored and there's no real way to report. You can spew any kind of nonsense you like, without any consequences.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Piahr
Piahr
editorCL
editorCL
2 weeks ago
They've been taken care of. If you notice more spam accounts, please let me know.
Thank you for helping us to keep COLOURlovers clear of spam :)
miletran168
miletran168
2 weeks ago
sparrowandcompass wrote:
{omglove}Color by COLOURlovers.
wow. i like it.
Architela

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes