Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Announcements»Spam War + Fight = Broken 3rd Party Code

Spam War + Fight = Broken 3rd Party Code

Create New Topic
Showing 41 - 45 of 45 Comments
Team
hahah thanks for making a frustrating thing, still kinda fun. ;) in light...

Trixxie wrote:
Holy Guacamole! I've just been gone a couple of days and this is certainly disconcerting news about the spam attacks. Ahoy, I don my colorful palette attire and will report posthaste any spammers that climb aboard our amazing, friendly, and beautiful ship. I am currently painting our sails in the colors of the rainbow. Take caution spammers. We Colourlovers have no quarrel with you. Steer clear of our colorful world.

Thank you Molly and Colin. I am grateful to have you at our helm.

S.S._Colourlovers
ah .finally I understand why my pattern-background-code no longer works for me ..... this is an English crash course, but I want to understand what is happening here, because I love and need this creative playground here ...... Thanks for any support :)
Good day Molly!

I'm very sorry about bother you, but I have 2 questions to you.
1. The first question is about spammers who wrote comments, which make redirecting to an external site.
Did they really use the properties that we use to create a floating navigation and custom backgrounds in our profiles? Because all I had saw was html-tag "object" during download of which the redirections were happen. May be of course I miss something and there were other spammers, who use the css-styles, which you have banned.

2. What are you think about allowing to us usage floating elements in descriptions of ours profiles (and may be in descriptions to our palettes, patterns)? I think, that even if someone uses bad floating elements in his profile, this not make damage to everyone else - we just will not see his elements until we will go to see his profile.

Sorry for my bad english. And big thanks to you for take care of this place and of all of us!
:)
Team
Hi! Currently the fixes cover an overall very broad range of code species :) I cannot go down the code discussion detail to detail on what is doing what and how we can work around it. Currently the biggest fix has crashed some of the custom, non-offending code and that fix will be what it is right now in the state of the site.

There are very many aspects to consider when creating a block rather than item to item. The blanket fix isn't helping the non-harmful code, but it's keeping off the harmful stuff.... because I am NOT the person managing the code, I cannot say exactly down to the tiny details what each stopper is doing and why.

For now, we have to live with it. :) thanks for understanding! m.

desvil wrote:
Good day Molly!

I'm very sorry about bother you, but I have 2 questions to you.
1. The first question is about spammers who wrote comments, which make redirecting to an external site.
Did they really use the properties that we use to create a floating navigation and custom backgrounds in our profiles? Because all I had saw was html-tag "object" during download of which the redirections were happen. May be of course I miss something and there were other spammers, who use the css-styles, which you have banned.

2. What are you think about allowing to us usage floating elements in descriptions of ours profiles (and may be in descriptions to our palettes, patterns)? I think, that even if someone uses bad floating elements in his profile, this not make damage to everyone else - we just will not see his elements until we will go to see his profile.

Sorry for my bad english. And big thanks to you for take care of this place and of all of us!
:)
Oh, maybe-maybe we can ask to give us back our css for "floating badge" and "custom background"?
Because I can't see anyone who want to chase spammers away. The War was lost...
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

ShiversTheNinja
ShiversTheNinja
From what I can gather the Sphinx server has been down for over a month and the forums are inundated with spam. I want all my old patterns back but I can't even view my profile. What is going on? Was the site abandoned?
paulsky555
paulsky555
Hot Service – Today New Update

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN
Sell info fullz SSN + Dob + DL – Sell Info Fullz Dead UK USA

Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.