Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Advice & Critiques»Dark, ugly kitchen repaint help

Dark, ugly kitchen repaint help

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 8 of 8 Comments
Hey Rotorus!

I see you are painting your kitchen. I don't know what colors you are specifically looking for so here are some suggestions. Benjamin Moore has an awesome array of colors. They have some blued out grays that are completely fabulous.

Harbor Haze
maruto_11
This is a pretty color that could be used for any reason. It can be senstional in any room because of the gray hints in it.

Gray Cashmere
bunny_pale
This one again is light (not the lightest color on the swatch but will show near maximum light out put.

Soft Chinchilla
Polltant
Again another blue gray. This one is in my home, I used it in the family room and it is gorgeous!

Wythe Blue
Harbor_Mist

Any of these could go vintage depending on how you use them in the room and what furniture is used (I don't know what you have to be able to go that far).

If you are looking for something more green you could use the Benjamin Moore colors:

BM's Camouflage
Portage_Lake
This looks grayer on my monitor then in my book, this is definitely a vintage color.

BM's Olive Branch
youwerequiteearly.
The color just below Camouflage on the swatch. This is beautiful, also have this in my house in my own kitch! GAAAROOOVY color, no doubt. My kitchen is 70's themed with this color inspiring the look.

BM's Pale Sea Mist
DEDDB2
This is very calming and subtile.

BM's Quiet Moments
c8d0c9
Another color not showing on my screen how it is displayed in my book. These are accurate hex codes for the colors in question. I would go look at them at a Ben Moore retailer. I usually use the colors they have to do my interior decorating because they are always so uplifting.
Thanks so much! Sorry about the broken link (fixed).
I love the Polltant and the Harbour mist. The only thing left now is to pick a color for the accent wall (and the wall for that matter). :)
Thanks!
I think you shoul try a red/orange vivid color. It will give a personality to the room. And then it would be easy for you to put some decoration with the same color (rug, pics, dishes etc etc). If you'll do that the arches will be more in evidence, too
Just try to figure it out
Dreaming_flower
I was thinking a coral or something bright and fun! And the dusty blue would be awesome with it! :) like this palette... Coral_in_the_sea
Awesome !!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
7 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
You need fullz to register Create driver accounts spark driver, Contact me now
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
7 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
7 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
7 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
7 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.