Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Advice & Critiques»Use pattern on website

Use pattern on website

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 5 of 5 Comments
Hi,

I have just created my first pattern on colourlovers. I am wanting to use it as a backgroung for a website. Am I free to use the patter I created? Do I need to link back to colourlovers.com?

Cheers.
I have found the pattern creator and have sent a request regarding the terms of use.
I think that there is no restriction on using color palate on you website and if there is any restriction on it, I hope a moderator will come to your rescue sooner or later.
I just signed up and have faved this thread. I'm going to be using the background on my site until this is answered. The site clearly says this is for sharing and I don't see any rules in the TOS against it, so I'll wait for there answer. I'm going to provide a back link.

FYI - I came here from a blog that said these could be used on sites, so I'm under the impression it's alright.
I should think it's always all right.... ....but I think that you will make the day of the palette/pattern creator if you drop them a line and let them know that you liked it enough to use it. :) I don't think it even has to be phrased as a request, just some variant of "i loved it, I'm using it here, kthx so much, bye"

....Also, on a slightly different note:
Personally, although there's a good chance it's just me, I think it's kind of rude when people fave without loving (I might love without faving, but never the other way around.) The same etiquette should apply here, I think. At the very least, if you use something on a webpage, please love the creator.

You'll make their day for free. :)
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.