Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»Interesting Coincidences.

Interesting Coincidences.

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 1,203 Comments
I know I'm not the only one that ends up with the perfect colors on accident.

This one is just wierd. I wanted to make a 2-colored palette of just me and my fiance's names, Leslie and Julio. Instead I ended up with 2 colors-- from 2 different users at that-- entitled "leslie's bum" and "julio's bum".

I find that rather interesting.

I know I have some more where I add a color without knowing the title and it just fits. This one was a little different!

Our Butts.
Team
Oh... what on earth did we create!?!? That is too funny.

I suppose with almost 1 million color names you could probably cover most common words... and umm, butts.
Yes! This coincidence/palettial karma has happened to me on more than one occasion. Unfortunately, my memory is coated in teflon, so I can only remember two specific examples:

"Midnight Ambush" appearing on
Colour Ninja Strike!

It's a more nebulous fit, but I think "Familiar" amps up the warm fuzzies on:
All You Need

So are CLers obsessed with colours and bums? :D
Star-shine

I started out with "shine!" and "Setting Star" and "Evening" just showed up.

On this one I searched for blonde colors, then chose two tasty reds. One of them happened to be named "Working Girl"

Blonde Ambition
Leslie....I can't stop laughing....
I know this has happened to me too but I am a bit like reverbe with the teflon issue...
ha!

Breathe Deep

had only one color I could name:

Soulja_Girl

and the color next to it happened to be:

Soldier_Blue

I was listening to the song Soulja Girl lol
*hmmm* I'm sure I've had more than this (or I've seen them on other people's, at least) but... here's a few of mine~!

La Petit Hamham

I was making a palette based on the french hamster Bijou (from Hamtaro) ...and it ended up as a little french flag! Haha~

Preparing for a Fall

nun_habit

This color on a palette themed after the character I themed it after amused me (but if you don't know why, I'm not gonna tell you. No spoilers here,haha.)
Oh, I have a good one:
TV junkies
with
head_full_of_crap
and
ChaosInBrainWaves
:))
To answer an above question. Yes, I like bottoms!

I know I have had something like this happen on a number of occiasions but can't recall specifics. It is always interesting to see what names show up. Is kind of a bummer when I make a nice peaceful little palette and "dead rat poison" or something like that shows up. Ok. I made up that name. Hopefully.
I had one recently that I really liked too. I saw this picture on NASA's website of a sunset taken from Mars that was so interesting in terms of color that I had to make a palette from it:
♂ martian sunset
(The NASA pic is on it's page.) I got to name all the colors but one. The other color was
iam_sundayLight
from iamgavin_. I thought that was pretty cool, because it was how light was perceived from Earth. But then I clicked through to the palette it was from and it was the amazing
iam_SundaySunset
I think it's the coolest coincidence that that color is the center color for both palettes, a planet apart. There's even a pic of that sunset on iamgavin_'s page. Who knows, maybe it was the same day, same light!!
That butt thing is great! LOL

Here's mine:
It's crocus time

the poem that was created is:
Dingy mauve
Dead brain
not discouraged
dull spring
slighly optimistic

I didn't choose colors by names, and the only new color was "dull spring". :-D
this happens to me so often, but i can't remember any of them just now. :( i also have several like Ketutar's that have inadvertently turned into poems. OH! i want to remember some to put them here but i can't! i'll be back...
THIS WAS RANDOM, FOODS IN SAUSAGE LOGIC..
SAUSAGE LOGIC
red_meatfrolic_with_wineSky_Dough
Can't think of any...it probably hasn't happened to me, but just seeing all of these was giggle-inducing.

I'd like to make a study of what we CLers name our colours...the results might be interesting.
I just created:

Coral Reef

And the only color I didn't name was called:

port_bow.

:)
I just created

Pensive Peninsula

I added all of the "peninsula" colors, but an old color of mine Sea_Zebra
was there and so was Stefan's
no_storm
Ok, in this palette every color name ended up being perfect... by accident:

kiss

colors:
Light_Butter
doughy
rosy_glow
Cherry_Lips
Carisima_deep
A new coincidence

Mountain Dew

rotten_cup
This happened awhile ago and I didn't even realize until someone pointed it out to me:

Lost in a forest

And the first color is named:

Center_your_self_4

or:

Dystopic

How_We_Break_Down

Interesting stuff!
I love it when this happens...
sick of yourSickness

perfect fit...

deep_in_thought
You must be logged in to post a comment.