Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»Block Blends

Block Blends

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 271 Comments
In my attempt to come up with a different blend idea, I came across this idea from the blending section of this site: http://pourpre.com/chromograf/en/

It's fairly easy, if you want to know how to do it :)
BLOCK BLEND

Organic
A_little_bit_softer
And_softer_still
Only_one_more
And_now_its_silent

Includes:

Organic

A_little_bit_softer

And_softer_still

Only_one_more

And_now_its_silent
Very nice! I love it insanely.
Thanks! I'm starting up a new one as we spek lol

beatnyx wrote:
Very nice! I love it insanely.
BLOCK BLEND

ItsGonnaBeBad
Remarkably_Addicting
Little_Snickers
Orangesicle
Shes_A_Good_Girl

Includes:

ItsGonnaBeBad

Remarkably_Addicting

Little_Snickers

Orangesicle

Shes_A_Good_Girl
LOVE! I'm a big fan of these colors.
oh cool!! What's this about! Tell me tell me!
But of course :) I'm curious to see what others come up with!

First step is to decide on four starting colors. I like to try and search for colors that have a common theme. For this tutorial, let's go with something bright, like fireworks!

fireworksFireworksfireworkFireworks_Dark_Red

It's up to you how subtle or drastic the difference between colors.

Now take these four colors, and insert them into the blend tab of this website: Pourpre Chromograf

Photobucket

Place with the positions of the colors until you have a blend that you like. Then set the grid value to 5. This will create the 5x5 block.

Photobucket

*I have done some block blends by hand, however this is a quicker method that produces the results before you actually plug them into the palette maker on colourlovers*

Once you're happy with the colors, you can start making the palette for colourlovers. The easiet way to do this is to make each palette according to the row of the block.

Photobucket

Simply click on top of each color and the code for that color will appear below. From that point make each palette on colourlovers like you normally would.

To create the html code, I use some basic HTML code. Start by viewing the preview of the palette in your internet brower. Copy that url. The html code it goes into is: img src="YOUR PALETTE PREVIEW URL HERE" style="width: 200px; height: 40px; border: 0 none;" alt="PALETTE NAME" This code goes into the <>
Do this with each palette so that the five images stack on top of each other. At the end I like to include the five palette badges as well.

Oooooooh
Ahhhhhhh
Wooooow!
BoooooooooooM!
Crackle!

Includes:

Oooooooh

Ahhhhhhh

Wooooow!

BoooooooooooM!
Crackle!

And that's it! Simple right? If you have any questions, just shoot me a love note, I'll be happy to help! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Faeleia wrote:
oh cool!! What's this about! Tell me tell me!
!! I'm so going to try it this weekend!! Thanks sec9586!
Dusk
More_Blue
And_More
Almost_Complete
Done!

Includes:

Dusk
More_Blue
And_More
Almost_Complete
Done!
Tea Party
Tea_Party

Block Blend
Alice
Down_the_Rabbit_Hole
March_Hare
Hatter
White_Rabbit

Includes:

Alice
Down_the_Rabbit_Hole
March_Hare
Hatter
White_Rabbit
This is my favorite!! I love it...nice work! :D

sec9586 wrote:
Tea Party
Tea_Party

Block Blend
Alice
Down_the_Rabbit_Hole
March_Hare
Hatter
White_Rabbit

Includes:

Alice
Down_the_Rabbit_Hole
March_Hare
Hatter
White_Rabbit
I tried this based on my top ranking palette :)

Lipstick i
Lipstick ii
Lipstick iii
Lipstick iv
Lipstick v

*Lipstick

SO pretty!

Faeleia wrote:
I tried this based on my top ranking palette :)

Lipstick i
Lipstick ii
Lipstick iii
Lipstick iv
Lipstick v

*Lipstick

I also tried! =)
Tried to make all 5 colors appear
Naked_Palette

I love this one. ^^ I really love the idea of using every color in the palette. This is exactly why I started the thread! So many cool new ideas :D

Right now I'm working on a multi-blend block blend....basically meaning a huge square that is 20 x 20. WISH ME LUCK! lol
sec9586 wrote:
I love this one. ^^ I really love the idea of using every color in the palette. This is exactly why I started the thread! So many cool new ideas :D

Right now I'm working on a multi-blend block blend....basically meaning a huge square that is 20 x 20. WISH ME LUCK! lol

Yes! It looks nice! =)
Thanks for sharing the idea!

Actually I gained a lot of time by not making really the palettes...
Maybe you'd be interested?
>> How to make a palette image without making a real one

Also there's a trick to quickly make palettes if you know the hex codes - look at the example links here, look at the URLs
Here's an example link - a prefilled palette you could save
Yea, I acutally have gone in a used the code like that before. I usually do like the make the palettes just so that I have a record of them that's a bit more permanent. It just depends on my situation lol

ycc2106 wrote:
sec9586 wrote:

Yes! It looks nice! =)
Thanks for sharing the idea!

Actually I gained a lot of time by not making really the palettes...
Maybe you'd be interested?
>> How to make a palette image without making a real one

Also there's a trick to quickly make palettes if you know the hex codes - look at the example links here, look at the URLs
Here's an example link - a prefilled palette you could save
actually i feel like a lot of work and creativity is taken out of doing your own palettes in using the website to do hand blends, but that's of course, me speaking. The end result is really easy for anyone and really pretty :D
You must be logged in to post a comment.