Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»Your Palette Tells a Story (Game)

Your Palette Tells a Story (Game)

Create New Topic
Showing 261 - 280 of 489 Comments
Comments originally from here
ycc2106 wrote:
southpaws wrote:
But but but.... PawPaw meant no harm.

I Knew you were mad! Remember?
Mad_Panda
BTW, there's a good story here and the colours of the last pic are quit nice... wonder if ... ??

There was a bit of a misunderstanding because Paws gave priority to the colours, and me to the pic (you see at the bottom)
Paws pic was found after.

The adventures of Mad Panda (palette 1 & 2):

Never rely on The Mad Panda in space. It was killing me.
Advice_From_a_Cat

The Mad Panda In ... space Didn'tMeanToKillThe glowing kitties
Crazy_Paws
I once moderated a debate but it didn't go well :(
I can't moderate cannibals.
They tend to eat first, answer later!

Dangerous_Debaters
A bit wired this story...

That is Moderate, Cannibals rarely tasted Like Cloude Monet2 in your bed

Monet_In_My_Bed
I'm wondering... Can I call it a story/poem palette?

Around
In any kind of way
Find it hard to love
Hold
Your breath is in 10 days

at_the_seasideat_the_seaside
It's very pretty, but there is no mention of zombies, vampires, two-horned unicorns, left-handed panda bears OR vegetarian cannibals, so it is absolutely not a story and must be removed immediately!
wrote:
I'm wondering... Can I call it a story/poem palette?

Around
In any kind of way
Find it hard to love
Hold
Your breath is in 10 days

at_the_seasideat_the_seaside
huege wrote:
It's very pretty, but there is no mention of zombies, vampires, two-horned unicorns, left-handed panda bears OR vegetarian cannibals, so it is absolutely not a story and must be removed immediately!

*sobs*
I was just asking... sorry...
huege wrote:

Bwahahahaha!!!! Challenge accepted! Give me a min...
earlgrey wrote:
huege wrote:

*sobs*

Didn't mean to make you cry. All you need to do is go into the palette description and replace where it says "girl" with "two-headed zombie" and then I think it can stay :)
huege wrote:
earlgrey wrote:

huege wrote:

*sobs*

Didn't mean to make you cry. All you need to do is go into the palette description and replace where it says "girl" with "two-headed zombie" and then I think it can stay :)

I prefer to stay original!

eclipsed_by_night wrote:
Bwahahahaha!!!! Challenge accepted! Give me a min...

ahaha! Dave, you made the feathers fly again ;D.
Tada!!!!
StoryPalettesRMadeOf
Zombies & Vampires
Two-Horned Unicorns
Left-Handed Pandas
Vegetarian Cannibals
Are Story Palettes.
eclipsed_by_night wrote:
Tada!!!!
StoryPalettesRMadeOf
Zombies & Vampires
Two-Horned Unicorns
Left-Handed Pandas
Vegetarian Cannibals
Are Story Palettes.

We have just witnessed the birth of the ultimate in story palettes :) I feel history has just happened. Perhaps we all need to just quit colour loving this instant! This cannot be topped so we might as well not even try!!!
huege wrote:

We have just witnessed the birth of the ultimate in story palettes :) I feel history has just happened. Perhaps we all need to just quit colour loving this instant! This cannot be topped so we might as well not even try!!!

Oh no, there's still SO much more! We've barely scratched the surface of awesome! After all, the palette does not have bananas, ninjas, police, right-handed scissors, nor pegasi. There is still much to be covered. :)
Aw man. And there I thought my palette still had a chance. But I agree with David. Clipsie's palette is just the MOTHER of all stories and can not be topped. I mean, left-handed Panda = instant win. u_u And I'm not even biased. Hurdurdur.

Sleepwalker
I don't wanna wake up, and I don't have to. 'Cuz I'm a sleepwalker.
Is anyone interested in a collaborative 5-word story game??? There was a group for it but people kept ruining it by not writing English very well so the creator just deleted all the fun. Maybe, if there is another interest, we can get it back up and running. Here is an example of what we did: each person added to the existing story with five one-word color names.

Caught_RainbowHanded

One day two men ran until their feet bled and they felt dizzy taking off their bloody shoes. Then they drank some beer until daylight finally broke through. Sleep deprived in those thin hours between, they wouldn't die of deception but instead live(d) in truth, love and chocolate as they wrote passages professing their undying love for each other. It was going well until January 2011 when someone appeared on the burning horizon. Her name was Zlaika and she offered them many sweet temptations while dancing on the roof shining her flashlights*. Abbas came along with Sarah and joined the men on their night(ly) undersky search for pure passionate pleasures. But they refused, accepting (no) more guests and explaining; "only men tonight... maybe someday, when calming narcotic tulips don't fill the air with their smell."

In the morning a freezing wind was blowing towards the east and a purpleish sky rekindled their perverse longing for [a] radiant blue. Alas, radiant blue [was] still missing. "What to do?" they cried. And then came their answer: "Obviously, we need something really intense and important." However, everything they found became ridiculous prompting both silly and obnoxious gestures toward Starbucks. The barista jumped back and grabbed the rainbow incoming from the next roof, but it was too late to run away and call the rainbow police because they couldn't see [the] barista's face. [The] police needed evidence to prosecute rainbow thieves running amok over buildings. [Then the] police caught them thieves rainbow-handed!
sundancer wrote:
Is anyone interested in a collaborative 5-word story game???

Is it similar to this?
All The Data Found In The medieval village Were Saved On ParchmentSpreadsheet
EXCEL_MCVII
Not much merit - I made them all! (except the RC of course)
Space travels

Dream Clouds
Up & Up
Around & Around...
It's Only Suborbital
U Don't Get The Moon

Space_Travels

This is because I read an article saying how space tourism could be bad for the environment..
Uh-oh, Earl's a very bad bad student.

Feel free to shock the professor,
give an energy boost as wind blows gently
and then walk away.

univers(al)ityunivers(al)ity
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Zorah Veghelyi
Zorah Veghelyi
1 day ago
I’ve got the same thing happening. Seems we’re being censored?
stoogelady
stoogelady
3 days ago
Tried to add a pattern that I'd just coloured... Wanted to call the pattern 'Dirty Clouds'... got an error message saying that it contained inappropriate language! What is inappropriate about THAT...?! Is anyone else having this issue?!

Weird.
carolinafer
carolinafer
3 days ago
I am very grateful at last I have been able to solve it, I had no idea what was happening, thank you
editorCL
editorCL
6 days ago
@waleedmazhar2 can you please help the fellow Colourlover?
murtuza
murtuza
1 week ago
The image_url is working fine now.

I am trying to get patterns using python API. I am retreiving the patterns using keyword 'top' and incremetally setting result_offset parameter in below code.

patterns[iterator] = ColourLovers.patterns('top', numResults=100, result_offset=100*iterator)

Issue I am facing is; patterns are retreived when I pass result_offset value as {0, 100, 200, ...,900}, but for any value of result_offset above 1000 the patterns retreived are not unique(they are repeatative for any value of result_offset).

Please suggest a to retreive atleat 10000 unique patterns with keyword 'top'.

Thanks in Advance!

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›