Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»You know they're ugly, but you love 'em

You know they're ugly, but you love 'em

Create New Topic
Showing 41 - 60 of 60 Comments
Giant_Salamander
Sharks_in_the_Pool

I actually quite like this one, but it uses colors that I consider kind of "gross", so it may or may not count:
Sickly
And I absolutely love this pattern I've made out of it (never be afraid to like yourself? ha), but nobody else seems to agree...
Icky_Cell
back_in_town.

Enough said.
I have a whole bunch I re-discovered. I like them but they're not pretty!
There_You_Are_♥Peeking_InRunningPretty_ThingsWhisper_Your_SecretsUncertain_FixJulia60s_DressSky_Buzz
Apocalyptic_Depths
Techno_Tonic
Cajun_Picnic
Follow_Through
POP_of_Color
winter_2013
sloppy
But looking back, there are also a lot of palettes that I made, but that I now hate...
Considering my taste is somewhat odd, there's a lot of these. Especially when I'm making palette from my own imagination, not from games or pictures :D

Taco_Mind
Drunk_Witch
There_was_a_sign
Unguterung
warflag_in_warfield
Albacore_for_Lunch
Faded_Jeans_Compiled
Defiance_Clarity
Saber_Spiritghost
Sticky_Notes
LOL! Here's a couple! Not sure in other peoples eyes these are nice, but I love 'em. Think they are groovy-tastic! ♥♥♥
Material_GirlMorning_Sleep
is_sentientdropped_ur_organs
eyeball_intoxicationハリマロン
insect_apocalypsemechanic_viscera

honestly, a lot of my palettes are pretty ugly. probably because i like sticking reds and pukey greens/browns everywhere
Douglas_Noël_Adams
It's really awful, but...just look at the colour's names. It all makes sense <3
The end result of some palettes I have made hurts my eyes, but then I create a pattern and it works. Here are a few of my not-so-fave paletters:
Turbo*Temper*Tantrum

Edge*Of*ArtDecoNess

Psycho*Armadillo

Shrouded*Suede
Rainbow_Pat
Masculinity
The first one is a little too bright for my usual tastes. The second one is a bit too dark and dingy. However I still like them (the 1st one because well, it's a rainbow).

Unique_Experience
My feelings for this one kept changing for some reason. This pattern was a guilty pleasure at first. But I think that's just because I really wanted to like it rather than actually liking it. Then I started to dislike it and wondered why people liked it. I think I might have been biased because I've rarely seen a pattern using that template that I liked. (I used that template because I thought it would be a challenge. Also, I wanted to go for a psychedelic vibe.) Now, that I've seen a pattern I like with that template, I like it a bit more.
mostly just some of my older palettes, before i knew how to change the widths. i'm sure they could be beautiful if i tweaked them a bit, but i love 'em anyway. :D
Flowery_Beard
Berry_Creamsicle
Cotton_Candy_Picnic
Five_Stages_of_Grief
Garden
I have odd taste, so I like a lot of my palettes that others seem to consider ugly.
Some examples:
Only_Lies
Little_Rabbit
Where_I_Belong
Wake_Up_John
Suicide_Story
Soft_Satin~
I think these are the worst of my all, but I'd never delete them... When I was making them, the were "speaking" to me to make them. I love them because the are mine.
Juicy_meadow
(^^my latest one haha)
My_secret_lifePloometteOdd_but_awesomeNotice_my_sorrows
oh yes
never_wanted_a_ring
I have a few.

Love_Forest
Anime_Fading....
Comprise
Treasured_Box
Robot_Festival
Some -ugly- ones that have grown on me...

Newest_Five
Tears_and_Tears
300_Friends
A_Story_Will_Be_Told
Put_Your_Hands_Up
Gotta_Give
Contrast
My ugliest palettes are usually really thought out
Relationship_of_Lies
Lies in a relationship
Heavenly_Hypocrisy
Hypocrisy in the church I attend
Someone_Youre_Not
You say you're bright and happy, but you're really ugly inside
What_if_We_Have_Kids
Lost_in_Time
Mariosphere
The atmosphere of the world of mario
When I made this palette I was so inspired but it just don't came out as it was on my head
Childhood_memories

And on these I was trying to do a cool combination, but I really messed up
Life_had_just_begun Hazzy_evenings

I have also a lot of palettes that are really really really bad but I like them because their title is the name of a song that is important to me (I'm not going to put them here because I have so many omg)

These two are almost the same trash, but they have different meanings to me
Macbeth Sun_goes_down

I just love this one sooo much, but there's something wrong with it, I don't know what, but oh well I don't mind it (I realized that this is probably what my mom thinks about me lol)
Maybe_not_tonight

Anyways, there's something special that don't let me delete them.
Oh, and I think this is a really nice idea, it made me like my palettes even more and I laughed a lot with some comments!

(And sorry if there's something wrong, I'm Brazilian and my English isn't that good :P )
These were like my first palettes. In that time, I didn't had a good color sense but I got better :). But I love these because it gives me memories which I love to do!
So here are some of ugly palettes but still loved.
Kimchi
Colors_of_Boredom
Graphite_and_Diamond
Sadness_Taking_over
Puff_the_MagicDragon
These palettes are like somewhere after like 4 months...
Beachy..._(nope)
Poppy_Field
And like one of my most latest,
Muted_Rain_Garden
Serene_Water
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
You need fullz to register Create driver accounts spark driver, Contact me now
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.