Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»:) - The "No Thank-You Club"

:) - The "No Thank-You Club"

Create New Topic
Showing 61 - 80 of 161 Comments
ooooo @stephy beauiful! I would love a version that just says "don't post large patterns or images on my profile" instead of the no thank you badges at all. :) Beautifully done job though!
Thanks for the love. I really appreciated it. But no need for you to put badges to show your thanks. Note would be enough. I don't insist but it's up to you. :)
It's definitely not about hating anything. It's more about tidiness and wanting people to be genuine with their gratitude. :)

bavarianrobotdiner wrote:

Oh and I love Stephy's badge! I wish I hated thank you badges so I could use it!
OrigamiMei wrote:
It's definitely not about hating anything. It's more about tidiness and wanting people to be genuine with their gratitude. :)

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply people were being haters. It's a totally valid personal preference that I completely understand. The badge is great and I'm sad not to have reason to use it, was my point. : )
bavarianrobotdiner wrote:
Faeleia wrote:
I prefer it more if people like my stuff because they really took a liking to them, and not because I loved their stuff and they come over with the intention to find something to love back. What if it's not something they REALLY like, but they click it anyway? that bothers me.

I would also rather love back than thank, and I find it's super rare that someone (unless they're brand new) doesn't have *something* I genuinely like. Even if we have completely different taste, there is always that weird experimental thing they hate. : P

Haha! So true!

I have fairly wide-ranging tastes - I've never found myself 'loving' something I didn't actually love. :) (...In fact, the idea of not loving things in order to stem the tide of badges caused me an almost physical pain.)

Toffee - Thanks again! My CL experience is a thousand times better than it was a few short days ago, and it is all thanks to you! ::kiss,kiss::

Stephy - Your graphic is so fabulous I moved it right to the top of the thread, and I am now using it myself. Thanks so much! :)
This is a very interesting conversation! Whenever I have received a love or a fave, I have sent back a thank you love note. I never used to copy the badge with the comment until one user requested that I do so so he would recall the image I was referring to! I hadn't been including the badge because I didn't know how to, but after being asked to, I figured it out and now have come to view it as protocol. I was always raised to say thank you and am truly grateful for people's loves and faves. My thank yous are genuine, not forced. People's love, encourages me to keep creating. However, as my contributions have increased, the loves and faves have as well (thanks so much for this!). I have little bursts of time throughout the day to check in with my beloved colourlovers and I have noticed that most of it is now devoted to thanking everyone for the love. I will choose to continue on with the thanking because it feels right to me and I have discovered so many new people by going to their page.

Of course, I am not a "major" contributor, I don't know how to create templates yet for example and i rarely make a palette. I can only imagine how time consuming it would be to be a popular template maker who has to take the time to manage so much love! The managing of the love would become the focus, and not the creating of the art. That could be stressful for artists who thrive on creating! I like the idea of a "no thank yous" message on a person's love or fave message. So, for example, if I get some love from a colourlover who doesn't want a thank you in return, their love or fave message would say there is no need to send the love back. I would also appreciate the ability to combine loving and faving into one message. I think that could save some time as well.

Either way, I will certainly try to be more aware of what other folks prefer concerning thank yous. I certainly take no offense when someone does not thank me. I am too busy and distracted to even notice if someone didn't respond to my loving or faving! That's not the point for me anyway. I think sending love is like giving a present to someone. It isn't about you, it is about the receiver!

Thank you all so much for such wonderful creations! I deeply enjoy this site and am constantly inspired by the talent and encouragement that abounds here.

Cheers!

Cline. (actually, "C"-line, short for Caroline) :)
Cline wrote:
This is a very interesting conversation! Whenever I have received a love or a fave, I have sent back a thank you love note.

Okay I gotta say.. I don't like thank you NOTES. especially those that say 'Thanks for loving.'

or 'thanks for loving palette name'. Cuz I don't remember who you were, or what palette I loved, or what anything is about..and it's extra steps to open a note and read a one liner..and I can't really reply that note either?

The usefulness of seeing badges on people's profiles... allows me to get 'recommendations' from my friends here. Um if this makes sense, let me put it this way .. say I really like prax's works (for example!) and I think she has a great sense of palette style - apart from loving every single work she put out (exaggerate!!) I would also suffer bouts of withdrawal - WHY NO NEW PALETTES DAMMIT - so I would stalk her wall and see who replied what and stalkerishly check out her loves and their thank yous and I can go chew on my withdrawal symptoms with things she approves with prax stamp of love. :)

Yeah it basically says I stalk people..
I'm totally with Fae on that.
To Fae and OrigamiMei:

You commented to this quote from me:
"This is a very interesting conversation! Whenever I have received a love or a fave, I have sent back a thank you love note."

That is just the beginning of my comment! I think we are saying a similar thing actually. But perhaps I have misunderstood entirely. When you say you like the usefulness of seeing badges on people's profiles, what do you mean? I have been thinking you mean the little picture of what it was that was loved. I like getting those , so i can recall who is who and what is what. My addition to the conversation wasn't to say that we shouldn't have badges, it was to say that I like thanking people, and I have come to think of it as protocol to include a little image (badge?) of what it was that someone had sent me love about. Am I not getting the point of what you are saying or are we actually saying the same thing? I was just also saying that if someone is receiving tons and tons of thank yous, they should have the option to opt out of receiving them and that preference could be made known on the love or fave messages they send out. Get the feeling I am not fully understanding your points...sorry if that is the case. I would appreciate some clarification...:)
Sorry for the confusion! I was agreeing with Fae about not being fond of receiving "thank you" love notes that contain only the palette and phrases like "Thanks for love". I actually hadn't noticed that she was replying to your post. :P
I'm exhausted, so much of what I'm saying and doing right now isn't making much sense...

Cline wrote:
To Fae and OrigamiMei:

"This is a very interesting conversation! Whenever I have received a love or a fave, I have sent back a thank you love note."

That is just the beginning of my comment! I think we are saying a similar thing actually. But perhaps I have misunderstood entirely. When you say you like the usefulness of seeing badges on people's profiles, what do you mean? I have been thinking you mean the little picture of what it was that was loved. I like getting those , so i can recall who is who and what is what. My addition to the conversation wasn't to say that we shouldn't have badges, it was to say that I like thanking people, and I have come to think of it as protocol to include a little image (badge?) of what it was that someone had sent me love about. Am I not getting the point of what you are saying or are we actually saying the same thing? I was just also saying that if someone is receiving tons and tons of thank yous, they should have the option to opt out of receiving them and that preference could be made known on the love or fave messages they send out. Get the feeling I am not fully understanding your points...sorry if that is the case. I would appreciate some clarification...:)
OrigamiMei wrote:
Sorry for the confusion! I was agreeing with Fae about not being fond of receiving "thank you" love notes that contain only the palette and phrases like "Thanks for love". I actually hadn't noticed that she was replying to your post. :P
I'm exhausted so much of what I'm saying and doing right now isn't making much sense...

Cline wrote:
To Fae and OrigamiMei:

I feel you on the exhausted and not making sense part! I think I may have wandered into a conversation I don't fully understand! :). Think I should have just kept out of it! Its just that i want to understand your points, so i dont offend anyone when i give thank yous for receiving love! Are you not a fan of the thank yous that have the badge but just say thanks for the love, because you are looking for more of a connection than just a rote thank you response?
Cline wrote:

I feel you on the exhausted and not making sense part! I think I may have wandered into a conversation I don't fully understand! :). Think I should have just kept out of it! Its just that i want to understand your points, so i dont offend anyone when i give thank yous for receiving love! Are you not a fan of the thank yous that have the badge but just say thanks for the love, because you are looking for more of a connection than just a rote thank you response?

You're exactly right!
Your wish is my command!

@stephy !!!!! OMGosh you're too sweet! :) <3 <3 I will use this!
Oh I wasn't replying you specifically, I was reading that point and 'Oh! notes! oh yes, reminds me of that.. and i just wrote what i wrote'. i didn't mean it with reference to you at all..but more in general - because sometimes i do receive notes with just those lines and I have no idea what to do with them, so i delete them? The notes are like our mails...

Personally I don't care what you post on my wall, but I don't really like it when people post things I didn't like.. sometimes it happens by accident, and I go like 'hey! did i love this??'

or lately someone's been posting completely irrelevant patterns on my palettes, one or two of them, and it's like an entire set of 4, no relation whatsoever, so I took that as advertisement straight up. problem is, the comment was relevant to my palette, just not the patterns..

(don't worry about offending people. I offend people way more easily than you should - you're so careful about making yourself clear! I'm always so vague, sorry abt that)
Cline wrote:
To Fae and OrigamiMei:

I have an idea... now let's make a badge that says: Thank you badges, pictures, and anything else you'd like to post is welcome and appreciated. :-) Because I'd really like to have that on my page for anyone who might be hesitant to post because of this new "no thank you club."
Same here!!

sundancer wrote:
I have an idea... now let's make a badge that says: Thank you badges, pictures, and anything else you'd like to post is welcome and appreciated. :-) Because I'd really like to have that on my page for anyone who might be hesitant to post because of this new "no thank you club."
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Skiffy
Skiffy
1 hour ago
So... is this site failing? There's so many things "the sphinx server has broken" Or is all this just "normal"?
paulsky555
paulsky555
3 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
CVV - FULLZ INFO - DL PHOTO - FULLZ DEAD
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
3 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
3 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
3 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.