Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»lovin' colourlovers

lovin' colourlovers

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 32 Comments
I am on a mission: to find out why we all like to use this site. I know why I do... but I am curious what turns yer crank about it.

Please be so kind as to copy and paste the following questions into your response. Much thanks to all who participate!

1. What are your top 3-5 activities that you like to do here?

2. For each "top" activity, please explain why you like to do that activity.

3. What are your reasons for using colourlovers? Business? Pleasure? other?

4. When you explain colourlovers to other people, what do you say?

5. Anything else you have to add about your enjoyment of colourlovers?
Creating palettes, checking the forums, watching the front page for cool palettes.

Because I enjoy putting colors together and seeing if I can make them "work", I like seeing what other people are thinking/working on, cool palettes are, well, cool!

Pleasure mostly, I also use it for putting together a palette when I'm working on a website.

Well I haven't explained it that often. I usually just say it a place where people can put colors together and create palettes, etc.

I love creating a palette and hoping someone will comment on it. There's nothing more fun then logging in and seeing how many love notes you have. :)
Naming new colors, making novel combinations, building a palette library

Enjoy the relationship between language and color, enjoy novelty in general, convenient to draw from for projects

Both, it's fun to use and has been a source of professional projects

I describe it as a social networking site that revolves around color combinations, and is a great resource for discovering and creating new ones

The most interesting thing to me is less the community aspect and more the concept of organizing things that already exist into new structures. The idea of having the core content of a social site being things that were already defined in html seems like a very efficient idea and is very enjoyable to participate in as well. By now many of my palettes have been used in other people's web projects, some in high profile websites, and that is really fun to see too - it's a nice confirmation that color theory etc is not required to make 'good' or professionally usable color combos.

Browsing new palettes. Loving palettes. Making palettes. Helping people out at Sharing the Love.

Pleasure. Discovering new perspectives. Learning.

Pleasure in seeing colors and interesting combinations. Finding palettes for layouts.

That's it's a great, fun place about colors where people are very, very nice. :)

I love how the site keeps being improved and the way the staff interacts with their users.
Create names; write short accompaniments for the more interesting palettes (though clearly I lack the energy for that lately); and lately, experiment with colors that normally don't suit my foremost tastes.

In general, I create more art through writing than any other medium, so that could account for the first two; like Sam, I really dig the language-color intertwine this site offers. As far as experimenting with other colors, I like to find inspiration in places way out of my comfort zone some days.

Short answer-- other. Long answer-- most of my art, visual, literary, musical, etc., is inspired by a simple combination of colors... I use this place as a storehouse for many combinations that inspire me. I've also written a decent amount of music and crafted visual concepts based on palettes I've already created, so the return of inspiration this site offers me is phenomenal.

Oh, geez, I don't even bother anymore. I think with maybe my brother and a friend who joined but lost interest, I described it as an online community which creates color combinations to derive artistic inspiration or some pretentious bullshit like that. I always get the look or the "ok...", so I've let it be my own thing among my friends.

Gotta cite Sam again--

...it's a nice confirmation that color theory etc is not required to make 'good' or professionally usable color combos.

FTW.
I love exploring through palettes and patterns, and I love making palettes and patterns myself. I like to have a look at the colour blog too.

I love exploring because I love to see what other people have come up with. Everyone has their own style and I like to see things that I would never have thought of in a million years. I appreciate that sort of stuff! It's to get other perspectives on colours.

I love making palettes because...that's a hard question actually. I don't know why I love it. Colour just makes me happy...I think it's one of my most favourite things in the world. So naturally I like to play with colours :).

I like checking the blog because it's always so random and interesting. Articles about colours are relatively hard to come by, so the blog is like a summary of interesting colour goodness.

Purely for pleasure. Sometimes as a tool for sanity. I have an extremely uncreative job but I am a creative person, so I need some sort of outlet. I love painting, but sometimes after a long day of work I don't feel like going and pulling out all my paints and dealing with cleaning the brushes and such...so I go on CL and make mini artworks!

Basically, it's putting colours together into different combinations and looking at combinations other people have made. I must say, most people don't get it, they don't see a point. I do get looks sometimes! But ultimately, when I tell people about this site they just laugh and say something like, "wow..that's so you." And it is!

This site is...incredible. I always noticed colours before and wanted to capture them somehow so I could remember them, but I never had a quick and easy way. Now if I'm watching a movie and the colours are blowing my mind, I can just go on my computer and put that in a palette. It's kind of like a diary almost...a colour diary that changes as I do.
Cool! Thanks for these great responses.

Pick up women, insult n00bs, rule the world.

It makes me feel better than everyone. (Which I am, naturally).

Financial gain.

Don't try it, that's MY territory!!

It's my favorite site. Still. After all these years. And sometimes people get my jokes.
Making palettes, coloring patterns, reading the forum, meeting interesting people like groutboy, participating in groups, accepting challenges ... Plus I've become addicted to creating patterns -- I hope Chris has time to add more soon.

Colors swirl around me all the time -- now I can try to capture them. People like groutboy, retsof, manekineko -- and many others -- brighten my life. Now that I have more experience, I love trying to help newbies in the forums.

Pleasure. Sheer, wonderful, pleasure ...

"Well, you see, there's this site where we all play around with colors ...". At that point, their eyes start to glaze over, and I give up

Kudos to Darius and Chris! Kudos to the COLOURlovers who have helped us all out by contributing to the Sharing the Love group.
Browse colors, make my own color combos, browse the forums, read the blog

It's fun, what else is there to say?

Mostly pleasure. I have used a few palettes for my website, and I've seen a few I'd like to try in my home when I get the time to redecorate.

It's a social networking site for searching for and creating color combinations, My husband does not get it, my mom thinks it's a neat idea and I haven't really attempted converting anyone else.

5. Anything else you have to add about your enjoyment of colourlovers? Just that I am so happy I found this place. It's the only community I've tried where I really feel I belong.
Meet and encourage others, Learn from others, Play with colour and Create.

Personally fulfilling, Love to better myself, Fun!

Pleasure, Network... Friends.

CL is the place to go if you wish to learn or brush up on ones colour skills.

5. Anything else you have to add about your enjoyment of colourlovers?This has to be the most polite community that I have encountered. I feel at home.

I like making and catching up with friends, I like making things that give me visual pleasure, I like shocking people a little bit

I have met the most kickass people on here, my bf (groutboy isn't the only one to pick up around here!), and people I would consider invaluable to me as friends, I like pleasure and I like shocking people and giving myself a good laugh over it.

Pleasure

I say "It's kind of weird and hard to describe but you put colors together and name them and people comment on what you've made" then when their eyes do the glazed thing... "it's a social networking site for artsy people"

Once again I have to agree with the spoon and say it's my favorite site on the web. I love you crazy people!

Play with colours, read the blog, imagine who all the other colourlovers are.

Well, I am a full time student about to continue being a full time student at graduate school this fall. This means all I do is research and write. I also work as a writing consultant. All of these are very left-brain activities and so I "relax" my brain by playing with colours and being creative (and I like to cook).

I love colours. I always have. I used to play "analogue" CL in my notebook by just making coloured lines and blocks and dots in my notebook. When I found CL, I freaked out. I think a lot about colours. I think in colours.

As you may or may not have put together by now, I am driven by learning. I love new, different things. And the blog is the perfect place for that (shout out to evad).

I've met some great characters here. The more I hang, the more I get to know you all. And I think that's awesome. I think the internet is such a cool place and CL is a safe, happy, nice place. Thanks guys &hearts

Pleasure. Pure pleasure &hearts

I call this "my colour website." People used to make fun of me (ahem Roachael) and now they love CL (ahem Roachael).

I used to rock it pretty hard here and totally felt like part of the community. I've been gone for a while yet still feel my place. I love recognizing avatars, it's like you all are my acquaintances. But some of you all are legit my friends (Hi Tony!!)
Haha Lulu did you do this right after you saw my CL's status on facebook? :-P Love you people!
Yes, yes I did.
I have met the most kickass people on here, my bf (groutboy isn't the only one to pick up around here!), and people I would consider invaluable to me as friends...

For the record, I tend to forget we even met this way, as long as it's been... else I'm sure I would have said something just as heartfelt.

;-)

Yep, the people here kick ass.
codename_gimmick wrote:
I have met the most kickass people on here, my bf (groutboy isn't the only one to pick up around here!), and people I would consider invaluable to me as friends...

For the record, I tend to forget we even met this way, as long as it's been... else I'm sure I would have said something just as heartfelt.

It was so heartfelt, I referred to it as "picking you up", oh my aren't we romantic?

Making palettes, reading the blogs and forums, commenting and chatting with other colour lovers

The palettes are sometimes to help clear creative blocks, sometimes to give form to some random whisp of inspiration so I can come back to it later and sometimes just because!

The blogs are a great source of info and inspiration and there are often interesting discussions on the forums.

The social side of this site is great because everyone is lovely, it's really refreshing to have a place like this on the web.

Pleasure

It's a weird artsy thing you wouldn't get it! - this tends to seriously raise their curiosity level

I like that I can be away for a while and come back and feel totally at home, no weirdness.
I love the good feelings that float around this place and one of the best things is the never ending source of inspiration.
Naming new colors, making novel combinations, viewing other's combinations.

Exploration, exploration and archive.

Exploration.

Colourlover is where designer experimenting their ideas. This is where you may explore various ideas regarding colours and design.

This is where you may explore various ideas regarding colours and design, go for it!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
New Update Info Fullz 2024 Social Security Number ( SSN ) Driver License ( DL ), Scan Scan front and back DL SSN
Fullz info SSN DOB DL with hight Credit Score
New Method 2024 for withdraw Money, Make Money
Sell info fullz SSN + Dob + DL – Sell Info Fullz Dead UK USA- Sell Cvv
Sell Info Fullz Company USA Uk Ca Fresh 2024
Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
New Update Info Fullz 2024 Social Security Number ( SSN ) Driver License ( DL ), Scan Scan front and back DL SSN
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
14 hours ago
UPDATE Bulk Fullz info USA-UK-CA-GER
Best Money Transfer Cashapp-Paypal

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.