Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Cross browser colours

Cross browser colours

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 6 of 6 Comments
Team
It's due to the border styling being set to ridge, they both make an attempt to make it look 3D ... try this instead:

[code]border: 6px solid #be88b4;[/code]

:-)
This is definitely a weird one. The problem is basically because you're using the ridge border. Neither IE or FF seem to use the specified colour in either of the ridge colours, but try and make up a composite that they see as appropriate. Obviously they use two different methods. I tried to google the issue, but I can't seem to find any discussion on this. The same problem exists for inset/outset borders and the like....

My only suggestions would be to use actual images in the background, but it makes the code pretty clunky. If the colour difference is a problem, I would go with solid borders.

If anyone finds a discussion on this one, I would be really interested! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Pureform,
Yeah, I tried the solid border, but 6px solid just looks like cr@p.

Subsomatic,
Can't realy use an image as a background, because it is a fluid layout. The only alternative, I think, is to overlay divs and and create the 3d effect from two 3px borders. Super clunky, and a coding nightmare. Either that or some kind of IE hack. Also clunky and very very ugly.

CSS3 has a 'colour render' attribute which should fix the problem, but who kows how long it will be before CSS3 is supported by all browsers.

thanks for taking the time to look and help
You could also try "nifty corners" code. It's not exactly what you intend I guess but it's a nice way to lively up your website and get some low maintenance fluid borders going. Look up nifty+corners in the search engine of your liking.
and how long until all people use up to date browsers...

the background image (repeat-x/y) would work pretty well with a table, but I know how much ppl hate using them so I won't bother :) The overlaying div idea is a good one, but you're right, it gets pretty clunky pretty fast.

best of luck!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
4 hours ago
New Update Info Fullz 2024 Social Security Number ( SSN ) Driver License ( DL ), Scan Scan front and back DL SSN
Fullz info SSN DOB DL with hight Credit Score
New Method 2024 for withdraw Money, Make Money
Sell info fullz SSN + Dob + DL – Sell Info Fullz Dead UK USA- Sell Cvv
Sell Info Fullz Company USA Uk Ca Fresh 2024
Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
4 hours ago
New Update Info Fullz 2024 Social Security Number ( SSN ) Driver License ( DL ), Scan Scan front and back DL SSN
paulsky555
paulsky555
4 hours ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
4 hours ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
19 hours ago
UPDATE Bulk Fullz info USA-UK-CA-GER
Best Money Transfer Cashapp-Paypal

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.