Here you'll find the Palettes and Patterns to help make the best creative digital art decisions.

Channels»Digital Art»Forums»Business»The High ROI of Color»API terms of use in commercial app

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

API terms of use in commercial app

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
Hello,

I got a question about the terms of use for the API:

If I were to write a mobile app that allows its users to browse the most popular patterns and set them as wallpapers on their phones (like Pattrn does for example) I guess it would be okay if the app were free as long as credit is given (there are at least a couple of free apps that do similar things)?

Now if I would include some kind of ads in the app or charge 49 to 99 cents for it, would it be allowed to use the API and, if not, are there any other options for that case, like a commercial API with monthly or per-request costs?

I searched the forums and FAQ, but couldn't find an answer.

Kind regards,
Georg
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

suruha
suruha
3 hours ago
kimmyp wrote:
I have an A3 printer which I can print on borderless A3 paper giving me 30 cms (12") wide paper that I use for scrapbooking, covering notebooks, etc. I use my own designs only as I am reselling and most of the designs on here do not have a commercial license.

You can check some of the online stock sites, such as Pixabay. Often, there are patterns and they have liberal terms! You should be able to incorporate a pattern you find there and sell it or do whatever you like!
kimmyp
kimmyp
9 hours ago
I have an A3 printer which I can print on borderless A3 paper giving me 30 cms (12") wide paper that I use for scrapbooking, covering notebooks, etc. I use my own designs only as I am reselling and most of the designs on here do not have a commercial license.
MainAlice
MainAlice
9 hours ago
cool idea, if you post your work somewhere-share with us)
Trixxie
Trixxie
1 day ago
Hi Edith - thanks for posting this. I have been getting the same pop-up updates about Flash. I did the exact same thing as you. I close out the tab! I wonder what other scams might come our way. I just want to be here to color. *sigh*
Anyway, I truly appreciate you "just saying", Edith.
Thanks!
Trix :)
eighteyed
eighteyed
3 days ago
Over the past week I've been troubled by a page direct to some site telling me Apple wants me to update my Flash Player. Don't you dare do it. How do I know this is a scam? First, there's a questionable web address, and how would Apple know what Flash Player I have, and if they did, wouldn't they tell me in an offical update? Second, I know my Flash Player is current, because I went to the OFFICIAL Adobe site, and installed the latest current one just in case, and I still get these redirects. I think these adlinks that infest the CL pages now can tell through cookies that I enabled Flash (which is dormant by default in Apple software because it's a known malware risk) long enough to design a new template for the site. Third, since I know Flash software is vulnerable to hacking, any unasked-for communication about it through my browser is suspect.

I just wanted you to know these are happening, and to never never click on one of these pages. If you get one, close the tab immediately. If you ever question your Flash installation, download new software ONLY through the official Adobe site, adobe.com.

Just saying.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Digital Art Colors

//View More ›

Latest Digital Art Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Digital Art Patterns

//View More ›