Here you'll find the Palettes and Patterns to help make the best creative digital art decisions.

Channels»Digital Art»Forums»Business»The High ROI of Color»What Can I Do?

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

What Can I Do?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 6 of 6 Comments
Please forgive me if there is already a thread on this topic, but here's the thing:

I'm not a designer at all. I'm a freelance writer. However, I've discovered this site, I'm finding that not only do I love creating palettes, I'm quite good at it. I've created and named several colors so far.

Being the writing entrepreneur that I am, I'm wondering that if I can sell my writing work, there should be a way to sell my color palettes, right?

Or, am I wrong? Are there entities out there that might be interested in buying my palettes? Is there anyway to monetize my love of color, without my having to go to design school?

Here's another thing I just thought of: Cosmetics companies are always naming their color palettes, right? How might I contact some of these companies, so that I might name some of their colors? That way, I can combine my love of color with my flair for creative writing/titling?
This is a touchy topic. Licensing rights for our palettes dictate that we can sell our palettes, but, honestly, I don't see many companies being interested in anything we amateur COLOURlovers create. Even if they were, I doubt the money they'd be willing to pay would be worth it.
They hire fancy schmancy design agencies to create palettes for them and the people who work for those agencies have years of experience and loads of credentials. It also requires a flair for being original and innovative. Otherwise, people don't get very far in the industry.
Erm. It really still depends on whether people want to buy your stuff, but if you REALLY want to have something to sell to people, you could try printing out your palettes onto a canvas or cards, and then physically asking if people are interested. Cuz at this current time, there isn't a way to sell digital palettes yet.
http://www.colourlovers.com/store/art-print.

As for naming colours and palettes.. why don't you go ahead and contact them? You never know if they might be interested in hiring a free lance palette namer.
You know what? I'm totally adding Amateur Freelance Palette/Colour Namer to my credentials now. My area of expertise will be shades of pink, aqua, and coral and I'll charge somewhere around $200 for each color. That way, I'll make $1,000 a palette! Watch me roll in the dough, baby. \o/ Then again...my color-naming skills aren't that great so I'm sure I'd have to give discounted rates. Like 5 colors for the price of 4? Or, more realistically: 5 colors for the price of 1. :P

Faeleia wrote:

As for naming colours and palettes.. why don't you go ahead and contact them? You never know if they might be interested in hiring a free lance palette namer.
but honestly if there's a way to sell my palettes online I kinda want to do that too.. :) could be helpful for some extra pocket money.. u know.
Sure! I believe that is one of the functions of the upcoming marketplace? I'm not sure though. Perhaps only our designs will be available for purchase. We shall see when Darius finishes the site. :D

Faeleia wrote:
but honestly if there's a way to sell my palettes online I kinda want to do that too.. :) could be helpful for some extra pocket money.. u know.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
BEST Sell Fullz info USA All State
BEST Sell Fullz info With ID Scan DL
BEST Sell Fullz UK + NIN
Telegram: paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
BEST Sell Fullz UK + NIN
paulsky555
paulsky555
BEST Sell Fullz UK + NIN
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
GOOD Seller Fullz info ssn dob dl Number
GOOD Seller Fullz info DL photo ( front+back)
GOOD Seller Fullz info UK NIN+DL
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
GOOD Seller Fullz info ssn dob dl Number
GOOD Seller Fullz info DL photo ( front+back)
GOOD Seller Fullz info UK NIN+DL

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Digital Art Colors

//View More ›

Latest Digital Art Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Digital Art Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.