A COLOURlovers Renaissance

A COLOURlovers Renaissance

COLOURlovers has been a beautiful international creative clique since its conception in 2008. During its first years, the community thrived as a small island atmosphere; everyone knew everyone at this down-to-earth "local artists cafe." As COLOURlovers was presented to the outside world, it grew by leaps and bounds, and as more people were introduced to this colorful experience, being the community that you are, you opened your arms and welcomed the community’s growth.

weback

I hike through the mountains of colorful palettes and get lost in the maze of intricate patterns, I see the beauty of these well loved creations synchronized in the gardens of our community, it makes me glow with pride that there are so many who create simply to create. COLOURlovers has always been a place of selfless design. This alone makes me thrilled to announce that we're back!

The Renaissance: Autodesk + COLOURlovers

As most of you may know, in February of 2014, Autodesk welcomed COLOURlovers, along with our crafty little sister, Creative Market, into their fantastic creative family.

palette autodesk logo

Autodesk boasts a plethora of professional arts and engineering apps; the two that speak loudest to my creative addictions are Pixlr and Sketchbook. Personally, two of my most proficient skill sets are traditional art and photography. This puts us in a fantastic position to gain more avenues of personal artistic growth!

icons

Somewhat like weeding an unkempt garden, a few minor maintenance tasks have been performed to keep up with what is relevant for the website to function in the current. We've removed the antiquated Store section and we've altered the business blog channel to reflect a more fun topic, Digital Art. At this point in time there are no lofty goals to punch a hole in the sky, but more to garner the revival of art within the community.

The Future of COLOURlovers Depends on Your Etiquette!

I was asked to return as a friend of the community and while I will be working on re-establishing contests, giveaways and community features, I will be at the heart of these plans along with a small task force confident about bringing some engagement back to the community!

With all of this fun stuff happening, we kindly ask you all to please mind your manners and think before typing. We are here to create fun and get some inspiration as well as some awesome community engagement going again.

Autodesk has been kind to provide us with support to rebuild the community we love. We are free to be the artists we are here on our COLOURlovers planet. Let's give them every great reason to continue their support to keep this planet alive.

I look forward to the re-building of this beautiful digital garden. Feel free to private message me if you have any lofty concerns or just to say "Hello." It’s good to be back!

Credits:

eclipsed_by_night was used for "We're Back!" image artwork:
Electric_Screams
Autodesk

Palette by CL member, joy_of_summer was used in the "Be Kind" image artwork.
The_painted_Girl

Welcome back Molly :)
THANKS huege! Good to see you around still! :)
huege wrote:
Welcome back Molly :)
Welcome back... Good to see you blogging again! :o)
thanks!!! I'm super thrilled and so honored that I was contacted to come back! :) *feeling special*
Seahorse Girl wrote:
Welcome back... Good to see you blogging again! :o)
Heyyy (not like Fonzie), this sounds great :) I miss the times when the blog was active. I mean, I didn't read half the posts, but it was great always seeing just what was being talked about :P I don't really miss the competitions, I miss the actual writings... So, hope this is a reneissance! :)

Welcome back!
Terrific to hear from you! Apparently you read this one, for the most part ;) Great feedback! Competitions would be spread out, they won't be taking over. Mostly we / I look forward to getting some inspirational posting going!

Thank you! It's so good to see and hear from many familiar "faces"

UPtimist wrote:

Welcome back!
Glad to see that even with some time off here and there due to loads of work, I can still come back to colour and love me some palettes and patterns! Welcome back Molly and long live Colourlovers! <3
Terrific!! thanks for the support!! Good to see you are still checking in! I understand the work spectrum! it's nice to have this little color niche, it is unlike any other digital social space. :)

DandaLuna wrote:
Welcome back, Molly! Your post gave me a reason to check in after a long absence, dust off my shelves, and play with some colour. :) Looking forward to what's in store.
That's awesome lllara!!! :D so excited to hear this.

lllara wrote:
Ciao Molly :)
Hello and welcome back
Molly!! Hooray! Welcome back!
sec9586!!! ;)
sec9586 wrote:
Molly!! Hooray! Welcome back!
thank you for the support everyone!! let's do this!
I'm glad to see ColourLovers getting some love again! :)
This is great! We are so glad you're back with us!
Welcome back Molly, your blog post is music to my ears. It's so exciting to hear that we have not been forgotten and there are plans to continue making this community the vibrant, joyous place it deserves to be. You are just the person to it and I'm so thrilled that you are. Viva la colour revolution!

ps. I love your "be kind" image, I'm putting it on my homepage and would encourage other lovers to do the same:)

pps. I am just so delighted by this news!
This community is truly something special. I'm so excited for some "action". Welcome back!

Leru ♥
Hip Hip Hooray! It's wonderful to have you back. And your Coluorloving enthusiasm of things to come makes me HAPPY! :) :)
Thanks for reaching out on Pinterest and Facebook to let me know you returned to CL. This is the best news I could have ever imagined!
It's good to have you back. Now, maybe we'll get the opportunity to know one another. Take care! - Jesse
Welcome back Molly❤ Glad you returned to this colourfull corner of the internet planet.A busy mom with cool daily job ((hugs))
It seems that CL also gets some maintenance love now :-) There is no spam redirect from the forums anymore.
Great news! Welcome back! ♥
Delighted you're back, Molly!♥♥♥
It's nice to meet you, Molly!
I'm so happy that our "parents" have joined us here.
It's my favorite place to be!!!
Good job and good luck with the revival!
(Please feel free to call me Sue)
I loved waking up this morning to see all these smiley-happy messages of enthusiasm!!!

So excited to meet and get to know those I haven't met and so thrilled to renew old friends here. :) <3 <3 <3 keep the good vibes coming!!
so glad you used the BE KIND image. :D xo!

Luna Rosa wrote:

pps. I am just so delighted by this news!
That's actually a great idea, Luna. And since I took down all the gibberish I had up originally, I'll have the room. Lol