Remembering & Honoring a Friend: Sunmeadow

Remembering & Honoring a Friend: Sunmeadow

Life is a fragile thing and it always hurts the heart when somebody passes well before their time. We're deeply saddened by the loss of one of our active, loving, creative & supportive members; sunmeadow. She leaves many friends here in our community and we're incredibly honored to have the privilege to continue hosting & sharing her creations with the world. We may have 1.5 million members now, but every single one is important to me and is greatly appreciated. We love you sunmeadow and thank you for all you shared with us and all the inspiration you will continue to share.

A close friend of hers let me know of the sad news. They also noted that she was a very private person and that she would appreciate her personal details not be shared here. I will respect her wishes and ask you to do the same.

Her last palette randomly created was entitled "Wings To Fly" and I believe she has them now. I can't possibly honor all that she shared here with us in one post, but I'll share some of her most popular creations below... and please feel free to share yours in the comments.

Sunmeadow: Colors | Palettes | Patterns | Templates

Singing_Angels Winters_Glow

In_Silence_I_Grieve Be_Yourself

Forever_Young Sweetest_Goodbye

Wings_To_Fly The_Way_You_Love_Me

If_We_Should_Meet The_Power_to_Move_Me

Sneaking_Up_on_You Wishes_Come_True

Sunmeadow also created hundreds of beautiful pattern templates. Here are just some of them:

Dulce_Aroma Colo_Red_Cluster

Echo_of_the_Sun A_Game_of_Love

wish_hearts must_say_pretty

Thank you Sunmeadow. Rest in peace.

starfishian wrote:
Oh hana - how lovely!

OMG Hana that's awesome. You're amazing. Can I click the "LOVE BUTTON" next to your name? Clickin' it over and over...
Wow!
xo
hana* wrote:

Artist Palette Challenge Group for Sunmeadow
That is beautiful hana!!
WOW! Hana, that looks wonderful!
THANK YOU SUNDANCER :) sundancer wrote:
OrigamiMei wrote:
How in the world did I make it on the list with so many legendary CLers? I'm not worthy! But thank you for sharing this, willowsmoke. <3 Sunmeadow would be honored.

Oh, of course, Mei! I definitely consider you one of them. There are many to me. I agree with Willow's list although I only just recently met topbear and I don't even think I'm following her. (I would love to get to know her better!) But I would add many to the list including YCC2106, WordofMouse, Rubyvillasenor, Penina, American Women, Kalindy, o2bqueen, Praxicalidocious, Any Palacinos, Hana*, Capricciosa, Novrain62, napkin guy, Faeleia, Conache, Note, latigrewatson, Wist, Clemlou, Moma, Edido, Northern Dancer, Pauline Jones, Twister, Highwireart, Sugary, Ketisse, earlgrey, Huege, Anonymuse, Karnoug, and OMG soooo many others that would take forever to sit and write in the "CL Hall of Fame." Then there are those I never had the pleasure of "meeting" like faded jeans. I wasn't here when she was but she made a huge impact on the community and still does to this day.
=)
American Women wrote:
Wow!
xo
hana* wrote:

Artist Palette Challenge Group for Sunmeadow
Gosh hana*, thats SO very beautiful.
Meadows_Gypsy_Heart
We won't ever forget you Suzi! you will be always in our hearts and your Talent will live forever, like a special gift to all of us from a especially gifted human being.
I want to thank you so much for creating the group of Artist Palette Challenge, wich gave me the discovery of great painters and illustrators around the world !
See you in evry rainbow of our llifes, sunmeadow!
"Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow
Blue birds fly
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Dreams really do come true "
song " Somewhere over the rainbow"
Here some of her Wonderful Templates
Sunmeadow_art.747
Sunmeadow_art.750
Sunmeadow_art.762
Sunmeadow_art.769
Sunmeadow_art.776
It took a while for me to make this palette, and so it is:
A_Late_GoodbyeBeautiful_Soul
SunMeadow's Flowers

SunMeadows_Flowers
RIP_Sunmeadow
Oh.

...There aren't enough words in the world to say farewell to the bright ones;
to those rare spirits of love and creativity who shine so brilliantly that they teach us the true nature of light.

You have brought so much beauty into so many lives, never complaining of the pain and pressures that had shaped your art and soul to such a diamond edge.

I have cried a thousand tears already, and I will cry ten thousand more. All of my love to you, Sunmeadow, and to the friends and family and strangers that you touched, everyday. You brought beauty and joy even to those who were not lucky enough to know you. There are not many in this world who can claim the same.

You will shine forever in our hearts, dear one.
A_subtle_void

A void enough that we realize it is not the same. I have gone countless times to your profile to check to see if this in fact was a bad dream. But with each time it reminds me that in fact, it's not a dream. The time since you logged on last continues to grow. It's hard for me to believe missing someone so much that you don't know, but then again it's always me saying that virtual relationships are real. Just because you can't see or touch them...but think about your heart never see's or touches in a tangible way the people in your life you hug and love with open arms. This has been hard because there is no closure and in some ways harder because there is no real way to touch the reality of it all. I think love, like is all the same. Your heart and spirit knows no difference in what causes the emotion. It just knows the emotion is real and the human spirit is more real than all the tangible things you hold in your life. It's a concept after all. l believe in concepts...conceptual beings, and the belief that you can love without reality...because what the heart does with it ...the mind can often not reason it.
Love and peace my friend...goodnight
A_subtle_Remembrance
My condolences to her family and friends during this time.
We miss her as the genius lover and as a friend.
Her creations are the best of the best <3 <3
My deep respect to her.
(;_; ) I come back after a hiatus to find one of the colourlovers community pillars gone. Sunmeadow, you were always kind and fun and... you will be missed. SO MUCH.
eclipsed_by_night wrote:

Did you see the various memorials in groups and such? =( It isn't too late to make your own if you'd like?
Life is too precious, too short, too delicate to be believed sometimes. And this is definitely one of those times. Work and the pressures of everyday life have kept me from being as active on Colour Lovers as I would like. I would still dive back in occasionally, but somehow I missed the news; sunmeadow was gone.
First of all, I can't tell you how shocked and saddened I was. Like a punch to the gut. Knees weak. Head reeling. I can't even begin to imagine how her loving parents felt, feel, and will continue to feel as God's peace and the healing salve of time soothe their souls. My condolences to them. And to each and every one of us whom she touched. I know she was a cherished person in my life. Suzi was remarkably warm, caring, positive, and never allowed the limitations of our cyber-world to keep her from making real connections with people. People like you. People like me. I miss you, Suzi, as we all do. But I also take comfort in having had the honor of knowing you and living a life enriched by knowing you.
Peace to you on your journey—the most colorful journey of all.
Aww Sunmeadow, so sad. My condolences to her family and friends.
A great artist, polite and charming person. <3
I have been away from ColourLovers for some months and have only returned here in the past week. I wanted to say how awfully awfully sad and shocked to hear about Sunmeadow's passing :(( Sunmeadow was one of the first people to follow me and welcome me here and though I never met her personally - I considered her amongst my closest buddies on CL.

I was constantly inspired by her creativity and supported by her kindness and encouragement.

I send my thoughts and prayers to her family and hope that you are doing OK in these weeks following her passing.

This is a one lover palette I made for her last April :))

Sunfilled_Meadow_1LP
2000_suns_to_heaven

No one should ever grieve alone. No one should ever carry a burden without someone beside them. A hand to hold, a shoulder to lean on ...and understanding of worth. If only to sit and say nothing . This really still upsets me and I find more and more each day a little about the person whom I feel cheated to not have known more....and how much her work continues to inspire me and keeps her alive and the gift she brought to us continues on even today.
Sunmeadows_Flock

glindathegoodwitch wrote:
2000_suns_to_heaven

She had an amazing library of colors. Rest in Peace, Suzi
Away_From_The_Sun*
This is deeply sad, she was my inspiration to think beyond, she inspired me to create and chase my dreams, I'll forever remember her art and talent, RIP and forever blessed.
It's really sad.
Even though I didn't know her, it is sad to hear about her passing.
What amazes me is that you take the time to honor the life of a member.
This is something I have not seen in any other social network and it is great! <3

COLOURlover wrote:
This is such a huge loss to the community.

And a bigger gain that we were able to share the time with her that we did... and that her creations will continue to inspire people.