Hornsea Pottery was founded in 1949. Located in the seaside town of Hornsea in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England, the first factory housed founders and brothers Colin and Desmond Rawson. The factory's earliest pieces included Character Jugs and posy vases with attached animal figures. The business continued to grow over the years, moving into larger and larger buildings. At its largest, Hornsea employed 700 people. The business closed in 2000. Today, over 2,000 pieces from the pottery's beginnings in 1949 to 2000 are on display insides two converted 18th century cottages is theHornsea Museumin Newbegin, the main street of Hornsea. Inspiration: Hornsea Pottery
Images found in the Hornsea Pottery Collectors flickr pool.