Welcome to our wedding color community. Here you'll find the latest wedding-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your special day.

Channels»Wedding»Forums»Wedding»I Hue»Your Absolute Perfect Wedding

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Your Absolute Perfect Wedding

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 8 of 8 Comments

OrigamiMei

What is your ideal, completely perfect wedding? Where would it be located? What would be the theme? What would be the color scheme?

Liebling

For me, a very small affair true to my heritage. In the Scottish Highlands, overlooking the sea at sunset. Preferably at the Dorlinn Cliff above Castle Tiogram or on it's bridge.

Traditional Scot family tartan and clothing, Bonnie Price Charlie Jacket, Kilt and Sporran for he, and full dress and arsaid for I. A bouquet of heather and arrival on horseback. Only myself, my groom and our closest family and friends. No religious ceremony, only a dedication to each other with handwritten vows. A hand tying and then the evening in the local pub with family and friends with dancing and copious amounts of drinking.

Of course, this all depends on finding a true Scot who can;
a.) catch me
b.) be as honor bound as I am
c.) appreciates me slightly more than his scotch.
Let me know if you see him, they are as rare as catching glimpse of a silke.

Pennington

Always wanted a Christmas wedding, sometime in December. I would have it in NY where I grew up with all of my friends and family. I want poinsettias everywhere. The girls will wear deep red dresses. Boys red tux shirts to match instead of traditional white. Also want faux snow to be part of the theme as well.

Faeleia

I'm not into romance and having a family is unthinkable for me (MUCH LESS A BABY *horrified face*), but I would definitely have a lot of fun picking out designer dresses. Marchesa makes some absolutely rainbow inducing gorgeousness, but my true love are those ever so soft and beautiful feminine gowns from Valentino. Screw it if it's not white.

And knowing me, I think I would turn that thing into a fashion shoot, with me behind the camera directing the shots instead. ahhah

Alicialoveslife

I have always dreamed of an elegant wedding where I would be the princess of the day, but lately I have been absolutely in love with the idea of having a bible-time themed wedding. It would certainly be unusual and unique! Since I haven't found Mr. Right yet, I can dream and plan this amazing wedding in my head and if someday my wonderful groom says "no way" to traveling back in time for a day, well then, being a modern day princess is pretty awesome, too. But since this is my fantasy, let me proceed with the, I'm sure, astounding details of my plot.

Colors
Cobalt blue details for the men, light blue for the ladies
Soft, warm gold accents
Ivory linen

Spring_WeddingAll_Dressed_in_WhiteAllDressedInWhite

I would prefer a Spring wedding, but a summer one would be okay. Spring flowers would be purple irises, light blue irises, and table centerpieces of little pots of pansies (purple, white, blue) and of star of bethelehem campanula, which would also double as favors. Summer flowers would be light blue hydrangeas (which I LOVE), maybe roses, and maybe candied violets on desserts. Either would have whispy baby's breath and white carnations incorporated.

My wedding dress would be embroidered linen, with light blue, white, and gold threads. It would be in the style closest to what an ancient Israelite would have worn, which I deduce to be similar to the following (from palestinianheritage.org)
Wedding_Embroidery

I would wear a veil and a crown or wreath of flowers. During the time of Yeshua/Jesus, wedding crowns for male and female were woven of myrtle, olive branches, and roses.

The groom and groomsmen would wear tunics embroidered with cobalt blue. Perhaps he would wear a tallit or prayer shawl. We would meet under a chuppah.
New_Couple

The bridesmaids would carry little oil lamps, like the 5 wise virgins in Scripture. The following are reproductions of ancient ones.

The ring bearer would bring the rings in a little treasure chest.

Ideally, we could have a tent-like atmosphere at the reception with colorful floor pillows around, and perhaps psalm/ King David-eque harp music playing or other middle eastern sounding music. We would eat flat bread, hummus, olives, grapes, lamb, and other foods with a bible/ middle eastern flare. I would love instead of a traditional wedding cake, to have mini honey cheese cakes decorated with blueberries on top- not really biblical, but matches the color scheme!

We would celebrate with Israeli circle dancing! Men would blow shofars!

However, I do not require a camel ride LOL.

Alicialoveslife

Bit better view of these
Wedding_Embroidery

New_Couple

And also the last picture in the above post is from http://www.mywedding.com/hugoandmichellehernandez/gallery_18837_2.html

raagainfo

A complete wedding is the the suitability of minds of bride and groom and their families.matrimonial sites
OrigamiMei wrote:
What is your ideal, completely perfect wedding? Where would it be located? What would be the theme? What would be the color scheme?

agreen

It's really up to bride and groom.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Colors

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Patterns

//View More ›