Welcome to our wedding color community. Here you'll find the latest wedding-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your special day.

Channels»Wedding»Forums»Wedding»I Hue»What colour can I mix with brown?

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

What colour can I mix with brown?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 14 of 14 Comments
What a beautiful hall! (And congratulations!)

Brown is a neutral, so you can mix anything with it. :)

Here's one suggestion - I think you can have your turquoise/red; I'd just avoid white and stick to warm creamy autumnal neutrals, with some dark accents to tie it to the room.
Happily_Ever_After
I stumbled on a tool that you could use (re-stumbled because it's in my list of CL tools
>> Pictaculous
Upload the pic and it'll suggests palettes from Kuler & ColourLovers
Brown is a hard color. It falls in the tertiary classification (mixed with three to get one). Since brown is not really a color and a perception most things will blend with it if you use the right undertones that match the current browns in place. Browns can be yellowish, reddish, or grayish and so on. i would not try to do anything to tone it down or blend with it. I would use a contrast ...I would go strictly beige or white solid. To perceive brown it must be next to a lighter color or you get some funky shade of its undertone. So you might end up with some puke green if you get too fancy. At least by the way of photography, See the light in the chandeliers? I would focus on that color but only as a means to compliment the contrast. I would use all white candles ...turn off the chandeliers....or if they have a low level luminance setting that shows up as a candle light glow per say. Then I would use linens in a ivory beige. Since beige does a nice yellow or brown undertone it almost certainly will be elegant. I would do crystal centerpieces with floating candles and some green tropical type leafy plant. If you want to add some color I would do a melon or orange pinkish color. That always blends with brown and linen beige. I have posted a couple of examples ..also if you are totally against the dark background ....find a fabric like some sheer or silk type and do a back drop and cover it all the way around draping it bringing to a point in the center to give the look of a white outdoor wedding tent you see .
example of draped fabric.

here is a candle light, sliver, brown and how it works together.

couple of interesting ways to use the colors together
Silver_and_beige
Browns_and_melon

platinum_mostly
Browns_and_platinum

tropical_wedding
and this one turned out very good I think....and these are all brown undertones of blended tones of orange and red
tropical_wedding_2
Cream, gold, blue, beige, pink, red, green, purple....pretty much anything goes with brown! It's an awesome pick for a wedding.
By the way- Pictaculous= awesome! Thanks for the recommendation ycc2106! The palette that came up with the hall pic was red, white, brown, and slate gray. . .which is kinda weird. I would not have mixed dark gray with dark brown. Hmmm. Learn something new every day.

ANd I didn't say it before CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement Sedilicious!
You "loved" this
kilter
Is that something you would like to spring board from?
Down_The_Garden
The jeweltones Glinda suggested are wonderful. I'd go with that idea!
So good.
Definitely a very pale cornflower blue or a beautiful light salmon or peach
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Skiffy
Skiffy
4 hours ago
So... is this site failing? There's so many things "the sphinx server has broken" Or is all this just "normal"?
paulsky555
paulsky555
7 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
CVV - FULLZ INFO - DL PHOTO - FULLZ DEAD
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
7 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
7 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
7 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Colors

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.