Welcome to our wedding color community. Here you'll find the latest wedding-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your special day.

Channels»Wedding»Forums»Wedding»I Hue»Wedding Color HELP! :)

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Wedding Color HELP! :)

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 7 of 7 Comments

ezwedding

Hi, I have always known that I want to include my favorite color, green in my wedding colors. Originally I was thinking pewter, white, and green (more of a leafy natural green). But then I found out our venue only has gold chairs for the dining area. Would it look good to have a mix of grays, gold-yellow, white, and green? I picture lots of ambient candle light, white and green flowers, perhaps even some blush or gray flowers. Do you think that it will be enough color? I get this feeling like I need more color, maybe purple (we're getting married at a winery), but I don't want to take away from the green. I would say my wedding style is romantic, classy, and all about beautiful comfy sophistication. Does that even make sense? Any advice would be much appreciated!! :)
Team

allisonsilber

I created a palette that should help you visualize it a little more.
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/1843809/Wedding_Palette

Here is a description that should help. I love the palette and think that the natural and organic tones of green would fit perfectly with the accents of gold.

The greens would be accounted for in the florals with florals such as succulents. White peonies, and some billyballs create a wonderful floral palette. Adding gold accents in the chairs, vases or chargers along with candlelight will create a romantic atmosphere.

From there details such as the cake, stationary, bridesmaids, groomsman, etc. could have green bouquets, gray dresses, and maybe a touch of blush pink to complete it.
Team

ChairmanCao

WhatADayToRemember!WhatADayToRemember!

I'm no wedding expert at all, but I imagined something along these lines. I thought since you really liked green, which is also one of my favorite colors, I would incorporate two shades, kind of a light chartreuse, and almost a robin eggs blue. I wasn't sure what color gold the seats were, so I went for a lighter one, but either way I recommend leaving gold as an accent color rather than a main one. I picked white purely for a traditional wedding atmosphere, and I tried to mix your liking towards blush and pewter gray with a warm airy gray to warm up the entire palette that you could match the pink blooms to.

terrysanders

Love white and blue.

kawaiimono

It might be nice and a little different to use a plum, or wine red since you'll be at a winery. Both colors look nice with greens, and are I think they make a sophisticated combination. Something like the following palette, maybe?

Vineyard_wedding

liddle_r

It would help to have examples of the green you are thinking of and the gold that will be there. I would avoid adding grey to the mix. Here is a palette to consider:

Vineyard_Wedding
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 10 hours ago
Milk_Cookies
Next: Buttermilk Icing
clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 10 hours ago
Watermelon_Patch

Bottle_of_Poison
G4wow
G4wow
Posted 1 day ago
I've had the amusement out for individuals for about a year or thereabouts, just for g4wow Outland gold g4wow.com get their musings on the littlest things. Like how can it grope picking and dropping weapons? A considerable measure of the criticism was that it felt kind of cumbersome, grabbing and dropping things, and despite the fact that I burned through two months dealing with that framework, I wound up rejecting it. It simply wasn't adding for wow Outland gold the get and-play, natural feel that I'm searching for."
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 1 day ago
pay_day.
+
end_of_the_day.
=
life_passes_by.
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 1 day ago
money_talks.