Welcome to our wedding color community. Here you'll find the latest wedding-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your special day.

Channels»Wedding»Forums»Wedding»I Hue»wedding palette help!

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

wedding palette help!

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 6 of 6 Comments

kittenā™„niche

Hello lovers!

I'm getting married and I would like some help choosing the final colors for our wedding theme.
The dress is the central element to the color scheme and it is white accented by a peculiar red called "Lipstick". You can see the dress and swatch color here.
We would love some help finding a third or fourth color. Thank you very much!

Practical Glamour

Looking at the photo (gorgeous dress BTW), the sash really looks more like a deep, hot pink rather than red. Why not try a lighter pink, icy mint green, or charcoal grey? I'll try making a palette later when I have access to a computer that will let me!

Practical Glamour

Kittens_Wedding

Just a suggestion, but it might be a place to start! Good luck.

Kriis.

Niche_Wedding

I'd go with the blue seafoamish colour for and bridesmaid dresses and maybe the rich gold colors for seating and accents in the bouqet and centerpieces, etc.

kristinfalaska

I'm not sure what season your wedding is in, but I love the pink sash and see this crisp dress in a beautiful summer outdoor wedding. I imagine pink and white being the primary colors with lots of bright green foliage with white daisy's and gold and pink Gerber daisies.

Daisy_Wedding

Lilsis

I have seen this color (I believe) in the lovely old fashioned flower known as Sweet William, the flower comes in many shades, all unique and special. Depending on your personal likes/style/ideas, I thought I would submit something a bit different...wedded (Of course we could not exclude the myriad of greens that foliage would add) < that would depend on your choice of flowers...
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

starlightsuzy
starlightsuzy
Posted 8 hours ago
Transitions+
fruit_stand=transitional_fruits
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 8 hours ago
There has been a fair amount of chat about intellectual property on this site. I felt the shaming people idea was dangerous but I did not mean to shut down the sentiments and emotions of those proposing it.

I myself cringe when I see people posting on this site that all you need to do, if you find something you want to use on the internet, is attribute that you are using it. That's kind of like saying, I stole your watch because I wanted to be able to see what time it was and maybe share it with others. Hope you do not mind?

So, so far from the truth. Copyrights, with all rights reserved, in the case of individuals, accrue on the day created (those in true "work for hire" situations are temporarily screwed) to the creator of the work---whether they register them or not. With individuals, unless they sign them away in total, partially or for a period of time? Copyrights last the lifetime of the creator plus 70 years. Obviously if you choose not to register with forms a drunken, upside down monkey, with no hands could fill out, and you don;t want to fork over the insignificant fee, you will have to prove the work is yours with dated notes, sketches, color pallets or whatever if you are infringed.

Anyhow, since intellectual property comes up often, would any of you be open to this thread exploring such things? Many years ago now, I represented photographers and illustrators in the San Francisco Bay Area. When I moved to NYC, I took on photographers, pattern designers, and illustrators again. A major part of my job was negotiating rights assignments.

I got out of the business. Sometime later I built a color consultancy. I stayed in touch with many lawyers from those days though. I think, with Darius' permission they might help with this thread.

It would mean that us non-lawyers should not rattle on about what we think is legal, fair, and just. At least on this thread, I hope we could agree not to practice intellectual property law and just wait for responses.

Don't get me wrong. No lawyer is going to offer specific legal advice, on a forum one step down from the public website itself. But I think I could offer some who would give coherent, non-emotional, general advice.

Anybody interested?
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 9 hours ago
Not to hype a brand but those of us specifying colors for interiors, and exteriors know at all costs one must avoid box store paint products. I won't mention the two worse than crappy paint brands sold by Home Desperate. Or those by Blowe's or Menards.

Sherwin-Williams has started offering CEU courses for professionals and the course listings look interesting. They are supposedly offered only to pros but if you really want to take a course, just private mail me and we shall see what we can do.

Sherwin Williams Online Learning Center
Padmaraga
Padmaraga
Posted 9 hours ago
Where_Dreams_Take_Us
+
Fairyland_Fantasy
=
Unfortunate_Reality
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 10 hours ago