Welcome to our wedding color community. Here you'll find the latest wedding-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your special day.

Channels»Wedding»Forums»Wedding»I Hue»"Something Blue"

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

"Something Blue"

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 21 Comments
Team
For those of you who play into the wedding tradition,"Something old, Something new, something borrowed, something blue" what was or is your blue item?

Mine was my husband's shirt. We did a shade of blue for my groom and groomsmen in a country wedding. Not sure if it counts, but it's what I used. :) I'm curious about everyone else, if you could post as a palette or swatch and add a photo that'd be terrific.
Team
Now that I think about it, I don't think we had anything blue at our wedding. Is that bad luck?
Team
aepstein wrote:
Now that I think about it, I don't think we had anything blue at our wedding. Is that bad luck?

nah! I honestly don't think I really meant to have anything blue, it just worked out that way. I didn't have a big traditional wedding either. It was a blast though. When did you get married?
Team
I got married in Jan 09 in the Bahamas. A destination wedding (from DC area), but a lot of family and friends actually made it down for the wedding. We felt very loved :)

How about you Molly?
Team
aepstein wrote:
I got married in Jan 09 in the Bahamas. A destination wedding (from DC area), but a lot of family and friends actually made it down for the wedding. We felt very loved :)

How about you Molly?

Oh how fun! I was just putting together a post for the wedding blog on a tropical wedding. We were married May 2005 on my parents 15 acres, a country wedding. We were engaged for three years and planned it in 3-weeks. Figure that one out. LOL A simple outside wedding, but gorgeous setting.
Team
Awesome, outside weddings are the best - when it doesn't rain!
“Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance".
Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice, Chapter VI of Volume I

Does blue help then? Hmmm, I honeslty think that it doesn’ t, but why not give it a try?
Mine was the blue lettering on the butt of my white underwear that said "bride." My sister gave it to me for the bachelorette party.
Team
sundancer wrote:
Mine was the blue lettering on the butt of my white underwear that said "bride." My sister gave it to me for the bachelorette party.

bah-hahahahah! that's a great one! thanks for sharing!
Depending on whether you believe in superstitions or not, peacock feathers are believed to bring bad luck (I'm not absolutely sure, but I think there might be an Indian myth about it - Indian from India, not native American). Why not incorporate the colour without the feather???
I met my husband at a long underwear themed party, and so my something blue was some tie-dyed long underwear I wore under my dress during out outdoor ceremony. :)
I'm having my maiden name initials embroidered with blue thread onto white material. My mom will be sewing it inside the bodice of my gown.
I had a blue nail polish on my toes :) Was planning on having blue heels, but finding them was impossible!
The first time I married I had a blue garter. The second time I wore a blue dress and the third time I wore blue heart shaped stone earrings. There won't be a fourth.
Mine was a diamond and sapphire necklace - a gift from my husband in June 1999.
Ours was a traditional, Catholic, church wedding.
I ain't showing you no photo of me wearing 'em but my "something blue" was my underwear! ;-) It was white but said "BRIDE" on the butt, and my sister gave them to me at my bachelorette party and I decided at the last second that'd be my "something blue."
I was wrong. There was a 4th time. lol. I had dark blue delphiniums and blue hydrangeas. I love hydrangea in any color.
aepstein wrote:
I got married in Jan 09 in the Bahamas.

IM GETTING MARRIED JUNE 9th of THIS YEAR!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
11 hours ago
Best Seller And Legit From me
Fullz Info
Fullz ssn dob dl
Fullz Id scan
Fullz high CS
CVV US-CA-UK-AU-EU
Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
12 hours ago
Fullz Info
Fullz ssn dob dl
Fullz Id scan
Fullz high CS
CVV US-CA-UK-AU-EU
paulsky555
paulsky555
12 hours ago
Fullz Info
Fullz ssn dob dl
Fullz Id scan
Fullz high CS
CVV US-CA-UK-AU-EU
paulsky555
paulsky555
12 hours ago
Fullz Info
Fullz ssn dob dl
Fullz Id scan
Fullz high CS
CVV US-CA-UK-AU-EU
paulsky555
paulsky555
21 hours ago
Today HOT Update

Real DL SCAN ( front and back + SSN Number ), selfie...

Fullz United Kingdom+NIN/DL ( Fullz Dead UK )

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Colors

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Wedding Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.