Welcome to our web color community. Here you'll find the latest web-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next web design project.

Channels»Web»Forums»Web»Pixel Perfect Colors»Neon Colors

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Neon Colors

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 7 of 7 Comments

justjessi

Hello Colour Lovers!

The heat is sweltering here in the Southeastern U.S. so I'd like to create several palettes of neon colors. Does anyone have any tips on how to use COPASO and create neon colors particularly for pink, orange and green?

Thanks!

justjessi

Lovely Lakes

CL has a YouTube channel and some tips on their blog to help out beginners.

YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7WwOuq1gVPUjUwafR48JHA/about

Video on Using COPASO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqDrR5HVS4

How to adjust widths on COPASO & PHOTOCOPA:
There are tiny little bars with arrows on each other on top of the borders of the colors. Move them around to change the widths. There's also a button with two arrows below the palette. Click on it to reset the widths to their original even form.

Tips on COPASO tools:
"Blend" is good for analogous palettes and gradients. "Comp", short for complement, is good if you want a color that provides high contrast and makes your initial color "pop". (The complement is the color opposite on the color wheel.) "Split" is for split complementary colors or the 2 colors on each side of the complement. This uses less contrast than "comp" but will still make the initial color stand out. "Triad" is for 3 colors equidistant from each other. "Tetrad" is if you want 4 colors equidistant from each other. Complementary, Split Complementary, Triad, & Tetrad colors are good for "high engery" & exciting palettes. Analogous colors, gradients, and monochromatic palettes are good if you want something more calming. This webpage for Paletton go into a bit more detail about the different type of palettes. (It also refers to split complements as "Soft contrast".)

P.S. I personally prefer my loud colors to be next to more subdued colors. But you can do whatever you want.

justjessi

Lovely Lakes wrote:

YT channel:

Video on Using COPASO:

There are tiny little bars with arrows on each other on top of the borders of the colors. Move them around to change the widths. There's also a button with two arrows below the palette. Click on it to reset the widths to their original even form.

Tips on COPASO tools:
"Blend" is good for analogous palettes and gradients. "Comp", short for complement, is good if you want a color that provides high contrast and makes your initial color "pop". (The complement is the color opposite on the color wheel.) "Split" is for split complementary colors or the 2 colors on each side of the complement. This uses less contrast than "comp" but will still make the initial color stand out. "Triad" is for 3 colors equidistant from each other. "Tetrad" is if you want 4 colors equidistant from each other. Complementary, Split Complementary, Triad, & Tetrad colors are good for "high engery" & exciting palettes. Analogous colors, gradients, and monochromatic palettes are good if you want something more calming. This webpage for Paletton go into a bit more detail about the different type of palettes. (It also refers to split complements as "Soft contrast".)

P.S. I personally prefer my loud colors to be next to more subdued colors. But you can do whatever you want.

justjessi

Lovely Lakes wrote:

YT channel:

Video on Using COPASO:

Tips on COPASO tools:

Lovely Lakes

Having trouble replying?
justjessi wrote:
Lovely Lakes wrote:

YT channel:

Video on Using COPASO:

Tips on COPASO tools:

justjessi

Thank you so much for the information! I will definitely look over the information that you provided and learn as much as I can. BTW, sorry for the repeated responses-I have a 25 lb. bobtail cat that insists on stepping on my laptop keyboard while I'm on the computer-LOL!

Lovely Lakes

Don't worry about it, I had the same problem with my cat sitting on the keyboard. He hasn't done in a while, fortunately. Anyway, you're welcome. Have a nice day.
justjessi wrote:
Thank you so much for the information! I will definitely look over the information that you provided and learn as much as I can. BTW, sorry for the repeated responses-I have a 25 lb. bobtail cat that insists on stepping on my laptop keyboard while I'm on the computer-LOL!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Lilith underground
Lilith underground
Posted
And the other 5 are sockpuppets.
#depressingaf
and-again
and-again
Posted
Lilith underground wrote:
Crap on a stick....you guys have been busy!

Nah, I just had a lot of time to dig in while being on bed with tonsillitis ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's quite sad that... mmhm, say, 45 out of 50 new users are spammers :v
Lilith underground
Lilith underground
Posted
Crap on a stick....you guys have been busy!
and-again
OkayButWhy
OkayButWhy
Posted
Guilty_Halo
ONLY_in_Your_Dreams
Henry_David_Thoreau
No_Matter

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Web Colors

//View More ›