Welcome to our web color community. Here you'll find the latest web-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next web design project.

Channels»Web»Forums»Web»Pixel Perfect Colors»Safe web colours for colour-deficient vision

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Safe web colours for colour-deficient vision

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 7 of 7 Comments

Steampunktoy

Hey folks.

I've just created a group for safe web colours for colour-deficient vision here - Unambiguous Colours (http://www.colourlovers.com/group/Unambiguous_Colours). Please join if you've an interest in visual accessibility on the web!

Happy to have critiques, etc, I'm going to be putting up colour palattes I've found or discovered that seem to be fairly safe for people with varying forms of colour blindness so website design can become more accessible and open for all. Part of my job involves developing front ends for complex graphing and mapping systems which gets a bit crazy when you're looking at colours, palattes and accessibility.

OrigamiMei

Awesome project. I wish you lots of luck. ♥

magentasecret

Good luck with the project. This is very thoughtful of you.

FairyPartiesSydney

Sounds like you'll want to go with strong contrasting colors then. I wish you the best with this noble undertaking :)

sparrowrgr

Wonderful project! My husband has low vision although he seems to see colour clearly he likes to name colours after vegetables. ie Have you seen my broccoli socks? Funny guy. Good luck with this project, bravo!

cordltx

great project, thanks!

nepalgatewaytrekking

Sounds cool, best of luck for further on.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Lilith underground
Lilith underground
Posted
And the other 5 are sockpuppets.
#depressingaf
and-again
and-again
Posted
Lilith underground wrote:
Crap on a stick....you guys have been busy!

Nah, I just had a lot of time to dig in while being on bed with tonsillitis ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's quite sad that... mmhm, say, 45 out of 50 new users are spammers :v
Lilith underground
Lilith underground
Posted
Crap on a stick....you guys have been busy!
and-again
OkayButWhy
OkayButWhy
Posted
Guilty_Halo
ONLY_in_Your_Dreams
Henry_David_Thoreau
No_Matter

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Web Colors

//View More ›