Welcome to our web color community. Here you'll find the latest web-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next web design project.

Channels»Web»Forums»Web»Pixel Perfect Colors»Some advice on my color choice

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Some advice on my color choice

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 3 of 3 Comments

andreas.glaser

Hi Guys,

I'm developing this little event guide sweebe.com and as i'm a programmer I really have a hard time finding the right colors...

Do you guys mind having a look at the website and give me some advice?

http://sweebe.com

I appreciate any feedback - Thanks in advance!

ellistea1024

Hello Andreas
I'm neither a programmer or a graphic artist, so forgive me. I did look at your website - it looks like a high energy, fun place to look at before making plans for an evening in Dublin!

That being said - and liking the blue/orange mix, I was only a bit confused by the colors in the logo for Sweebe - they are blue and purple/plum. Nice by themselves, but they don't really match up with the colors on the site.

That's my only comment. In general, I think the site looks a bit cluttered, but I think that's a good thing in this case - you aren't going for serene, you're going for jumping up and down. So a lot of the tags in the deeper blue shade make sense. If you were going to tone down anything, that might be the thing to tone down. But I wouldn't recommend it. because the feel of the site supports a rather cluttered look. In fact, there may be less on the site than I can see (you know, lots of duplicates), but the way it's set out, I can't tell if that's true. If I'm a person trying to find an open club or tickets for a concert, I want to have a lot of choices, and this feels like lots of choices.

Well done, Andreas. If you can consider the logo and maybe change the colors for that, that's my only real concern. If that's a non-starter, then . . . oh well.

Laura

freelance web design

I think your post is spam! bcs you've used very common template.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Ifihadapaintcan
Ifihadapaintcan
Posted 3 hours ago
That's amazing. I wish I could get a job naming their new colors (or renaming some old ones)!
luccava
luccava
Posted 5 hours ago
Lazy_Virgin
DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 8 hours ago
Would_You_Rather

+

Hazy_Evening

=

Your_Hazy_Evening