Welcome to our web color community. Here you'll find the latest web-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next web design project.

Channels»Web»Forums»Web»Pixel Perfect Colors»Psychology Of Color

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Psychology Of Color

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 6 of 6 Comments

pronda

Hi everyone, I've just sign up to this great site and this is my first topic. Can you suggest a few articles about psychology of color, with web examples if possible? I was googling for a while and have not found anything good so far.
Paul

Explainafide

I wrote an article on Colour Psycology on my blog a few months ago: How colours affect moods, how brands use colours for marketing all that kind of thing. http://explainafide.com.au/business-of-art-blog/2012/02/color-psychology/

Sheina

I highly recommend James Gurney's blog. He tends to cover many many subjects related to many aspects of Art/Painting but he is very informative and really does know color. By the way he is good friends with Thomas Kinkade, they wrote a book together on sketching years ago.

OttoBott

I'll second the James Gurney recommendation. Also for some independent research, maybe look at films/paintings/photographs that have similar desired emotional reactions?

paispais

You can start by going here: Color Worqx

And go here for web design: Color Theory for Designers - The Meaning of Color

tymartin

Here is a great documentary (podcast audio) from CBC Radio called "The Power of Colour"

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/2011/11/21/the-power-of-colour-part-1-2-3/
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

bazubii
bazubii
Posted 1 hour ago
Out_on_the_horizon
pamnsc777
pamnsc777
Posted 2 hours ago
Ivanka Trump - got a bargain on her gorgeous purse at TJ Maxx
faith4faith
faith4faith
Posted 3 hours ago