Welcome to our web color community. Here you'll find the latest web-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next web design project.

Channels»Web»Forums»Web»Pixel Perfect Colors»Help with what I think is a complicated colorscheme.

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Help with what I think is a complicated colorscheme.

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 10 of 10 Comments

sspice313

Hi all,

I am a newby at choosing complicated colorschemes so I came to the experts.

My client's business sends out nurses to aid senior citizens in their homes or retirement facility. Which I feel would be one colorscheme. Their logo color is #0074ba, which is the only color that is really a fixed color.

Where my dilemma comes in is that the client also services teen mothers through a Mom and baby program which they would like to highlight throughout the site. Through this program the teen mother's receive free goods and learn how to take care of their newborns. It would seem to me that a colorscheme for a teen would be all together different from a person 55 or older.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to approach the color aspect?

Thanks for your feedback,

Lisa

ifollowtherabbit

Do you have a creative brief and brand guide for your project?

boredchem

First of all, I think that you're right in feeling like you should be going with two different schemes. It's a great blue to work with, one that could look very corporate or mixed with brighter colors to give off a youthful appearance.

My suggestion for your home care (senior) palette would be to stick with colors that create a calming affect. Consider keeping it monotone, the health care industry prefers that. Shades of the main logo, maybe some soft yellows or creams to compliment it.

With your teen mom scheme, I'd definitely suggest playing brightness up, but stay away from palettes that are too shocking. I work in the health care industry and have struggled at times with colors/designs that they consider too exciting. I'd play up the CMYK combinations (since it's babies, you can have fun with pinks and blues). Check out parenting websites and magazine sites that are currently popular and see what they are doing to get a gauge of what your clients might already have in their heads.

Good luck!

3moDuDe

boredchem wrote:
First of all, I think that you're right in feeling like you should be going with two different schemes. It's a great blue to work with, one that could look very corporate or mixed with brighter colors to give off a youthful appearance.

Agreed. It's a lovely and very useable blue. I think you could make one more colour the same for the two palettes (maybe a lighter shade of blue) so that they harmonize more, but in general I'm with boredchem's ideas.

kohchang

I like websites in blue color.

ycc2106

sspice313 wrote:
Their logo color is #0074ba, which is the only color that is really a fixed color.

Just to help visualise #0074ba is:
blue_wall

mandyshea

the blue is great... for corporate business, for seniors & for babies... work around that... i agree to keep it simple.... & thought about maybe adding a green or yellow (rather than pink for the baby aspect since many people use those colors before knowing what sex a baby will be or to keep it unisex), but the green w/the blue seemed too nature loving or gave it even a tech feel... & thought yellow as bright enough for teens & yet not to wild when used only as an accent for the older folks.

Nurses:Seniors2Teens

escapepea

You can't call me an expert, but here's a idea...

Grannies_and_Nappies

ycc2106

I hope sspice313 will come check this thread...

ladybones

What did you end up using??

Here is my suggestion :)

Happy Nurse Palette
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

sundancer
sundancer
Posted 5 hours ago
Ride_Em_Seahorse!
Seahorse Girl
Seahorse Girl
Posted 11 hours ago
Ice_Mermaid
+
Crystal_Vision
=