Welcome to our web color community. Here you'll find the latest web-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next web design project.

Channels»Web»Blog
Game of Thrones [ infographic ] Color Analysis: House's & Character's

Game of Thrones [ infographic ] Color Analysis: House's & Character's

The incredible HBO series, Game of Thrones, is in the start of Season V, bringing us more intense drama, deception, death and the hunger for power and revenge more than ever. It's time to take a closer look at each House and what's behind their colors in connection to the main characters. After analyzing the color dynamics of each of these, I can say the science behind the show design is quite impressive. Enjoy this Infographic Color Analysis of Game of Thrones!

Also, a cool perk here on COLOURlovers, members have created many inspirational Game of Thrones color palettes (also see foot of post) of the show and characters that beautifully depict many of the clothing and temperaments each character displays.

infographic_GameOfThrones_ColorAnalysis

Sources: Color Theory Characteristics |  House Color Palette Reference | Extra Reference

Game of Thrones Color Palettes:

Click here for ALL Palettes

Daenerys_StormbornGame_of_thronesGame_of_thronesMiddle_GroundA_Winterfell_gardenLittle_Birdwinter_is_comingFire_and_BloodQueen_CerseiGame_of_ThronesLady_MargaeryCersei_LannisterDaenerysgame_of_thronesGuiltyOfBeingADwarfwith_fire_and_bloodOurs_is_the_FurySansa_StarkFamily_Duty_HonourMother_of_DragonsJon_SnowKhaleesiCrows_In_The_NorthArya_StarkWhite_WalkersCoat_of_Red

falun red

I don't watch GoT, but this infographic is really cool and exhaustive. I myself am applying colour theory in the novel I'm writing, with a special focus on the dichotomy white/blue. ^^

mollybermea

Thank you. I certainly LOVE the show itself. Color theory is amazing, I am even more impressed after doing this infographic, at how targeted the show related the house coats of colors and such down to the tiniest of detail in each character personality and the paths they take in the show/book.

falun red wrote:

heerayni

Ahhh! I am a huge fan of the show! Love Love Love this post! George R.R. Martin is a colossus when it comes to writing details and subtext and subversive themes. So though I am fascinated by this post, I am not surprised that he would inlay these careful details. It is fantastic still.

hlynnagne

I wish this show would be available on Netflix. I'd love to see it! This post is also well done and attractive.

mollybermea

We watch it through http://series-cravings.me :) you have to get through some advertisements before watching the show, exiting out of the ad pop-ups, otherwise it's ad-free watching during a show.

We only have Netflix and no Cable, so this is how we keep up on our other shows. The great thing is that you can watch it the day after it airs so it's very current. :)

hlynnagne wrote:

mollybermea

thank you!

heerayni wrote:

AreWeDelirious

Aww thank you so much for featuring some of my palettes! I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan and this infographic was really interesting. My personal favourite is House Tyrell and the gorgeous Margaery but I also have a soft spot for Cersei and the Lannisters. I actually love a lot of characters in this show because they're all so complex and none of them is truly all nice or all evil, and that's really the point I like best about the show. Can't wait for the next episode of season 5!

mollybermea

Certainly! :) Have you read the series? or just watched the shows? I can't agree with you more on each character!

AreWeDelirious wrote:

AreWeDelirious

I've only watched the shows for now but I'll definitely read the books when I get the chance to! :)

Padmaraga

I'm a great fan of ASOIAF! I prefer the books over the show, but still... its more than amazing. Words can't do it justice. Winter is coming, lol! I love this post. Also, thank you very much for featuring my palette. :)

mollybermea

sure!
For anyone wondering, ASOIAF means "A Song of Ice and Fire" (the book series for Game of Thrones) :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

Padmaraga wrote:

arlenebea

very interesting season , game of throne