Welcome to our web color community. Here you'll find the latest web-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next web design project.

Channels»Web»Blog
Seamless: Millions of Wallpapers in Your Pocket

Seamless: Millions of Wallpapers in Your Pocket

We sure do love it when people do cool things using the COLOURlovers API. The latest awesome creation to hit your iDevice is an app called Seamless.

This delightful new app uses the Creative Commons wallpapers from the COLOURlovers community, giving you access to over 3 million wallpapers, right in your pocket. They've been adapted specifically for your device and presented beautifully within a delicate and detailed design. Just take a look at the lovely UI:

You can bookmark your favorite wallpapers in the app, save them to your phone to show off to your friends, view the original pattern on COLOURlovers, and even share them to Facebook and Twitter. Sounds pretty fantastic, right?

Seamless is one of those apps that's just great to browse and get those creative juices flowing. If you find yourself enjoying it as much as we do, share the love and give a shout out to the gents who built it. It was created by Mic Pringle & William Szilveszter and it's available for free right now in the App Store.

Looking for more wallpaper ideas? Check out Creative Market for some immediate downloads of different patterns, textures, and gradients.

RustlingRagazza

Great work! Let's hope somebody ports this to Android as well. :)

FunkyFreshFox

^Agreed, I want some dazzling wallpapers on my Android too, hopefully it's not too long of a wait

BeeBeeKiddo

Seems great! ... But what about those of us that are using android???

Architela

Yes, I really wish there would be some CL Android apps!

Victoria_Val

Pattrn does the same thing on Android.

Victoria_Val

It is an app called Pattrn. :)

FunkyFreshFox wrote:

BeeBeeKiddo wrote:
Seems great! ... But what about those of us that are using android???

Victoria_Val

No need for them to make a port. Someone already made one. It is called Pattrn, and it does the same thing as this one.

RustlingRagazza wrote:
Great work! Let's hope somebody ports this to Android as well. :)

BeeBeeKiddo

Victoria_Val wrote:

RustlingRagazza wrote:
Great work! Let's hope somebody ports this to Android as well. :)

Thanks Victoria_Val.
I know about pattrn, and it's a good app, to my knowledge there are some more apps like it, and some others having to do with colours only etc. The thing is, and i believe I'm speaking on behalf of a lot of other colourlovers, that we need an app that enables us to make palettes, ant patterns and templates and comment and everything else we can do on site. I know there's an app like that for iphone users but there's none for android! Let's hope and wish there is one soon!

Victoria_Val

So Seamless lets iPhone users create stuff too? It didn't seem like it from this article. I hope colourlovers comes out with their own phone app for our accounts. I wouldn't want to trust my log-in information to a smart-phone app on a site that the app wasn't affiliated with. :( But yes, I agree! I only found Pattrn BECAUSE I was looking for an official colourlovers app that would allow me into my account to create.

BeeBeeKiddo wrote:
Victoria_Val wrote:

RustlingRagazza wrote:
Great work! Let's hope somebody ports this to Android as well. :)

Thanks Victoria_Val.