Welcome to our web color community. Here you'll find the latest web-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next web design project.

Channels»Web»Blog
More Webby Love: Best Community Nominee x5!

More Webby Love: Best Community Nominee x5!

Can you believe it? COLOURlovers is up for a Best Community nomination AGAIN! This makes 5-years running, a record for Webby Nominations (pending confirmation from the Webby people). The Webby Awards are billed as the Oscars of the internet, and being nominated this many years in a row just keeps emphasizing how much love we get from our community. You are all truly great lovers!

We Need Your Vote + Love!

The Webby website can be a little overwhelming so don't turn tail and run the first moment you check out where to vote! Plus, you are allowed ONLY ONE VOTE per category (i.e. can only pick one community to win).

Step 1: Register to Vote

Yep, to vote you must be a registered voter. It's pretty quick and painless: www.webby.aol.com

Step 2: Find COLOURlovers Under the COMMUNITY Category

From the main menu hover over WEBSITES and find the COMMUNITY category. Remember to be logged in as a REGISTERED USER.

Step 3: The Ballot

When you get to the COMMUNITY page, you'll notice a bunch of categories above and below it. Of course ignore those and get straight to your vote! HERE IS A DIRECT LINK TO THE BALLOT

Bonus Step: Tell Them Why We Rock!

Chances are we won't win a popularity contest with Twitter, which has more than 200 Million users... But we can show them how passionate and supportive our smaller community is by leaving a comment of what you love about COLOURlovers. Once you've cast your vote, you can click the COLOURlovers name to view our entry page... and at the bottom is the comment area for you to share the love.

Help Spread the COLOURlove

We will be tweeting and facebooking this DAILY, so Re-Tweets, Shares and more will be much appreciated - You can TWEET or SHARE this article on your Twitter/Facebook too!

Tell your friends and family, leave fliers on cars at your local grocers, facebook it, Twitter it, rent a billboard to shout it to the world! You can also add a nifty little badge to your blog and/or website and anywhere else that accepts an HTML badge.

COPY either badge code below and PASTE to your blog/site:

Vote for COLOURlovers for the Webby Awards!

Vote for COLOURlovers for the Webby Awards!

An Awesomely Supportive Community - That's You!

We love our color community and appreciate all the support you give us day in and day out. COLOURlovers is ever growing in numbers and functionality. We wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for each and every lover on COLOURlovers. What once was a whim, a weekend idea from our uber-cool founder Darius (aka COLOURlover), is now a thriving, loving community. You just don't see this much passion in other communities. So thank you times a million and stay awesome!

ycc2106

Great!!

Vote for COLOURlovers for the Webby Awards! PS: the copy past codes are broken...

COLOURlover

Hmm... Looks good. How is it broken?

Vote for COLOURlovers for the Webby Awards!

ycc2106

I copied the middle part here:
...best-community-nominee-x5" img title="Vote for COLOURlovers for the Webby Awards!" src="...

link and img tag are stuck together

and both say 200px

mollybermea

@COLOURlover fixed the issue I believe. thanks for the heads up @ycc2106. :)

tiki

Voted! CL deserves it!! :)

mollybermea

@tiki thank you so much! :)

artspectrum

I voted! Looks like twitter's going to win but we all know our small community here deserves it more than anything! =)

mollybermea

@artspectrum thanks so much! :)

I honestly don't consider Twitter an actual "community"... they are a social platform/tool - which, yes, brings people together, but we as a community engage and cluster and all have one big thing in common, our love for color. As wonderful as Twitter is, as a social service... I wish they weren't in the "community category" :) Then there would really be a competition!

4EyedDork

I voted ! But we are at 4th place.
Guess it doesn't matter because it is better to have quality votes than quantity votes.

mollybermea

@4EyedDork actually, aside from the whole voting part in general, making positive comments on the COLOURlovers webby page is MOST helpful. It boosts our community and shows just how cool we are to the outsiders who haven't even heard of COLOURlovers before. :) The chances that we will beat Twitter are pretty slim - and that's saying that with a positive note, but what we CAN do is rock how cool our community is! :) Thanks for your vote and comments!

UPtimist

I agree. Individual groups there are closer to a community than the whole thing. Kinda like having Facebook there, though I suppose we can't know if it in fact was also considered... Anyway, I'm glad we're nominated and hope this brings about much more good press :)

OrigamiMei

It's downright unfair to have Twitter in the same category. Twitter is a mass social network. While our community is growing, it's no where near as vast as Twitter (and honestly I hope we never get that large. Mass social networks are drama heaven and I'd love to see CL stay as drama-free as possible. >_<)

KimmuSAMA

OrigamiMei wrote:

kuokuo

爲什麽我還是沒有小紅心···英文差真是吃虧啊~已經投過票了

不過在中國大陸不能上twitter卻可以上CL啊,哈哈。
Vote for COLOURlovers for the Webby Awards!

iHateThisNot

Vote for COLOURlovers for the Webby Awards! i voted for colour lovers!!!!!! yer yer yer 0_o still hyper....

BTBASICS

Vote done!
COLOURLOVERS ROCKS MY WORLD!

marcos alan

eu costei do programa mais queria que vocês me ensinacem como usar o programa para criar o colourlovers

Faeleia

I voted too, but ugh. twitter. seriously?! That place uses our lovely themes! We should be at least behind them..

I still think CL has more substance than a website that allows 140 characters for people to put status messages only! Colours speak a thousand words. Put in a palette, that's 5000! We sooo win

tmesolutions

Not sure I agree with Twitter being on the list of communities, it's not really that... Community sites should be tightly-knit sites where even if there are thousands of users, it feels like you know one another. As such, good luck :)

mollybermea

@Faeleia thanks for your vote! :)
@tmesolutions agreed. Did you vote then? :)

It is what it is. COLOURlovers.com is excited to be nominated all the same! All our users love and comments on the Webby Community voting page for COLOURlovers will be amazing! This is a chance to show your support outside our community. Shout to everyone how great we are! :D

tmesolutions

Sure did! I think it's impressive to be nominated like you say, but a big push to overhaul Twitter :(

@Faeleia thanks for your vote! :)
@tmesolutions agreed. Did you vote then? :)

iHateThisNot

tmesolutions wrote:

@Faeleia thanks for your vote! :)
@tmesolutions agreed. Did you vote then? :)

I voted also!!!!!! sorry if I interupted your conversations.

mollybermea

@iHateThisNot ROFL! no apology necessary! thanks for voting! did you also leave a comment at the webby page?

iHateThisNot

kuokuo wrote:
爲什麽我還是沒有小紅心···英文差真是吃虧啊~已經投過票了

不過在中國大陸不能上twitter卻可以上CL啊,哈哈。
你不能去twitter在中国上!哦CL是像Twitter除了你展示你的艺术的一面。爱比Twitter更好的发光。对不起,如果你可能不明白,因为我用谷歌翻译,但我说中文,但是不知道怎么写。 You can't go on twitter in china?! Oh well CL is like twitter except for you show your artistic side. Love CL better than twitter. sorry if you might not understand since I used google translate but i do speak chinese but dont know how to write it.

OrigamiMei

Goggle Translate is about as accurate as me trying to translate Martian. It's crap.

iHateThisNot wrote:
kuokuo wrote:
爲什麽我還是沒有小紅心···英文差真是吃虧啊~已經投過票了不過在中國大陸不能上twitter卻可以上CL啊,哈哈。

iHateThisNot

OrigamiMei wrote:

iHateThisNot wrote:

kuokuo wrote:

爲什麽我還是沒有小紅心···英文差真是吃虧啊~已經投過票了不過在中國大陸不能上twitter卻可以上CL啊,哈哈。
Definitely needs to upgrade but i only use it to hear the ironic robot voices the translator woman (computer) makes and this. You are so true.

iHateThisNot

KimmuSAMA wrote:
OrigamiMei wrote:

We must shared have the same brain.

mollybermea

@iHateThisNot & @OrigamiMei
you two are cracking me up.

iHateThisNot

@iHateThisNot & @OrigamiMei
you two are cracking me up.
Would it be funnier if i told you I'm a celeb comedian (I'm not).

iHateThisNot

iHateThisNot wrote:

@iHateThisNot & @OrigamiMei
you two are cracking me up.
Would it be funnier if i told you I'm a celeb comedian (I'm not).
also you look like my fifth grade teacher.