Welcome to our print color community. Here you'll find the latest print-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next print design project.

Channels»Print»Forums»Print»A CMYK World»How to Use CL Patterns you make to make in Photoshop

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

How to Use CL Patterns you make to make in Photoshop

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 3 of 3 Comments

khamelion5

Hi There!

I created a couple of patterns using Seamless Lite on this site and I want to use my finished and colored pattern templates to create digital patterned paper that will be printed out on 8x5.11 inch paper.

How do I go about downloading and making the pattern fit on my desired canvas size in Photoshop? Also, Is the download resolution on this site good enough for print when you download a template?

I'm hoping to save time by creating on this site without having to recreate or do more work in Photoshop. Any advice you can offer would be great! Thanks!!

anneclairdelune

Hi !

You have different possibilities, the easy way is to make a print screen and paste it in a new document open in 300pp (you choose this in creating a new document)

The second way is to export your svg (using inkscape or Illustrator or seamless studio if you have it) then you can make it bigger (and bigger because you are in vector shape) then you save it in png format and open it in Photoshop.

300pp is the best for printing but you can try with less, that depends on you printer quality and the result you want to obtain...

Hope I helped you :)
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Luna Rosa
Luna Rosa
Posted 4 hours ago
The first thing I did was contact Darius, I got back an automatic reply saying he was no longer dealing with colourlovery stuff. I was given the email address of Aaron and told to contact him, but he hasn't replied and so I came on here hoping someone would hear my call for help. The problem is still not fixed but at least I know somebody cares:) *Hugs*
twister
twister
Posted 5 hours ago
Hi Luna--

This happened to me--I contacted Darius (COLOURlover) via love note and within a few days the problem was fixed. :-).
AdvisorAnne
AdvisorAnne
Posted 10 hours ago
Tangerine_Moment

Mashed Tangerine
Tangerine Dream
Dreams Alive
Alive for a Moment
The Moment When

NEXT WORD: When
AlineDam
AlineDam