About This Palette
12 COLOURlovers viewed this page and think alsweeney is a genius.
1. i live in a valley in the high desert of new mexico, in a hand built casita, originally used to house donkeys. my small, museum of a house is found on a 40 acre ranch, filled with strange and fascinated wild things. this color represents the general aura of the summer during drought, ie, here and now.
2. while i am in love with colors, the majority of my art work is done with black ink. this trend has persisted despite classical painting training in my early 20s, constantly evolving synesthetic cognitive processing, and involvement in a colorful life set in a colorful place.
3. directly opposed to this black ink situation, i am a someone sensitive to extremes and duality. also, i am a winter person, whether i like it or not; cold, barren, pensive, inwardly searching, and from the frequently blizzard-bearing city of Boston. the snow is one of my deepest visual memories, and the blinding whiteness of New England winters comes back to me some times in seemingly unrelated moments and locations. i also have a white siamese cat.
4. i am the child of two water people, my father coming from a strange line of fishermen and maritimers (all in favor of the freezing and salty), and my mother coming from pool loving, lap swimming, CA/FL culture. my family is thoroughly aquatic, in all ways... even while living in the desert.
5. i have a crazy connection with all things green - even while living in the desert. i have always gardened and maintained house plants, been attracted to green fabrics and objects, forests, the northern lights, green foods, i am ruled by 4th chakra (associated with green), and my birthstone is a peridot - also green.
Share This Palette
- Credit must be given to alsweeney.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
- Derivative works are allowed, but must be shared with this license.