About This Palette
50 COLOURlovers viewed this page and think symea takes the cake.
spiced pumpkin donuts
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or a Dash of ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
Vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high seed for 30 seconds. Add the 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in pumpkin, buttermilk, egg, egg yolk and vanilla until combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour until well combined. Cover and chill 3 hours.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-inch doughnut cutter, dipping cutter into flour between cuts. Reroll as necessary.
3. Fry doughnuts, 2 or 3 at a time, in deep, hot fat (365 degrees F) about 2-1/2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Using a slotted spoon, removed doughnuts from oil and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining doughnuts and doughnut holes. Coat warm doughnuts in Spiced Sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes about 12 doughnuts plus holes.
Share This Palette
- Credit must be given to symea.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
- Derivative works are allowed, but must be shared with this license.