Happy Valentines Day! May your heart be filled with love and compassion.
Oh, what a wonderful year 2013 has been. Filled to the brim with an amazing array of experiences including personal triumphs and a multitude of blessings and miracles.
When I first joined Colourlovers I was recovering from a serious illness and was unable to work so I spent many hours here colouring beautiful templates and even trying my hand at creating a few. Who knew where it would lead ... I certainly didn't. I just want to say thank you to Colourlovers for creating this website ... it has been a blessing for me. And a huge thank you to every one of my colourloving friends. You bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart.
As we begin the year 2014 I'd like to add two new quotes to the twelve I chose for 2013.
1. "The touch of love gives grandeur to the common things of life and unites the heart of humankind with the music of the spheres." - Carol Norton
2. "Work is love made visible." - Kahlil Kibran
3. “Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again.” -Bikram Choudhury.
4. “Each person’s task in life is to become an increasingly better person.” -Leo Tolstoy
5. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
6. “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.”
― Deborah Day
7. “Where humanity sowed faith, hope, and unity, joy’s garden blossomed.”
Aberjhani, The River of Winged Dreams
8. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” Leo Buscaglia
9. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” ~ Carl Gustav Jung
10. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
11. "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
12. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” ― Rumi
13. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
14. “Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.”
Some of my favorite things ....