Welcome. Here you'll find the latest home and interior-design focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next interior design project.

Channels»Home»Forums»Home»Living in Color»me & my sisters new room NEED HELP WITH COLOUR PLZ!!!

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

me & my sisters new room NEED HELP WITH COLOUR PLZ!!!

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 6 of 6 Comments

bettythegeordie

rite so basically me & my sis will b moving into a room together soon and need help with a colour sceme,basically we r gunna have a feature wall tht will b a light wall paper design of birds and birds cages from wilkisons(look if u dont understand wat im tryin 2 explain)and wer gunna hav duck egg blue walls but may change our minds i love electric blue n red n also sapphire my sis <3 light green(i really dont want it) but we cant hav bright/dark walls coz the room will b way 2 dark!PLEASE HELP!!

leanneeb

Your idea of the bird and birdcage wallpaper sounds lovely for your bedroom to share with your sister. I'm not sure what size of a window you have in the room but if it is on the north or east side you may need to keep the other walls lighter in colour and use an eggshell finish. Since the wallpaper is your inspiration piece and I can't see the colours, you should try to match colours if you can from the paper. Duck blue could be used in the curtains, and shams/ cushions, if it's too dark to use as the wall colour. White or cream can be used on the trim but check your wallpaper colours. Why not purchase a vintage bird cage and paint it out in your electric blue or red to add some fun. I'm sure it will all come together nicely. Ask for some final advice before you buy the paint and perhaps get a sample first to try on the wall or a large paint sample. Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams paints have these. I wish you lots of fun with your project!

Bluebird_Notes

bettythegeordie

thx! this is gr8 help! :D

leanneeb

You're welcome bettythegeordie!! Let me know how it goes and what you end up doing in with your bedrroom, love to hear all about it.
bettythegeordie wrote:
thx! this is gr8 help! :D

anniebeth

Very helpful site for those who needs help with the colors.

FairyPartiesSydney

Hope everything went well! Darkness wouldn't necessarily be an issue; it depends on your windows and lighting too.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 1 day ago
Milk_Cookies
Next: Buttermilk Icing
clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 1 day ago
Watermelon_Patch

Bottle_of_Poison
G4wow
G4wow
Posted 1 day ago
I've had the amusement out for individuals for about a year or thereabouts, just for g4wow Outland gold g4wow.com get their musings on the littlest things. Like how can it grope picking and dropping weapons? A considerable measure of the criticism was that it felt kind of cumbersome, grabbing and dropping things, and despite the fact that I burned through two months dealing with that framework, I wound up rejecting it. It simply wasn't adding for wow Outland gold the get and-play, natural feel that I'm searching for."
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 1 day ago
pay_day.
+
end_of_the_day.
=
life_passes_by.
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 1 day ago
money_talks.