Welcome. Here you'll find the latest home and interior-design focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next interior design project.

Channels»Home»Forums»Home»Living in Color»Poor College Student Living Room Help :/

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Poor College Student Living Room Help :/

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 8 of 8 Comments

extraskinny

I am moving in August to a new, larger apartment building with my boyfriend.
We have a Denim blue couch (I wish I was joking- it is his and hideous):
Motivational

And because we will be having a much larger living room, we are able to bring in my orange/peach chair and ottoman from my dad's house.:

zephyr_canvas

mango

We also have medium wood-toned furniture for this room (book case, tv stand, coffee table) that somehow all manage to look similar in colour, and a futon that has a black mattress, but we plan on covering it with a fitted bed sheet. The walls and floors are your standard plain beige colour, and the floor is carpet. We are unable to paint the walls, but can hang stuff.
The wood pretty much looks like this:

We are thinking turquoise and white for the accent/tie in colours, but I want other opinions.

We are both university/college students, so our budget is limited to accessories, and can't get new furniture (expect maybe a new futon mattress).

What do you think would look good and help make the furniture look intentional in this room of clashing colours?

oxdixiegalxo

I think turquoise and white are fine. Red would also do because it goes well with orange. If there's windows you can add curtains to them

riamarias

extraskinny wrote:
I am moving in August to a new, larger apartment building with my boyfriend.
We have a Denim blue couch (I wish I was joking- it is his and hideous):
Motivational

And because we will be having a much larger living room, we are able to bring in my orange/peach chair and ottoman from my dad's house.:

zephyr_canvas

mango

We also have medium wood-toned furniture for this room (book case, tv stand, coffee table) that somehow all manage to look similar in colour, and a futon that has a black mattress, but we plan on covering it with a fitted bed sheet. The walls and floors are your standard plain beige colour, and the floor is carpet. We are unable to paint the walls, but can hang stuff.
The wood pretty much looks like this:

We are thinking turquoise and white for the accent/tie in colours, but I want other opinions.

We are both university/college students, so our budget is limited to accessories, and can't get new furniture (expect maybe a new futon mattress).

What do you think would look good and help make the furniture look intentional in this room of clashing colours?

riamarias
POSTED 1 HOUR AGO
exterskinny,
I have to laugh, remembering my the days of the Baige Living & Denim Sofa
keeping your colours palette intact,
except the Oak Furniture: stylish ink
Denim_Dreaming"
Grass_Denim
• Window/Sofa
an apartment always have a picture window, meaning Fabric
Window *Drapery: Denim_Fairy_Vine
Roller Shade & Sheers: white
if Denim Fairy Vine pattern is to fancy
Drapery: Playing_Two-zes_Jacs
Denim Sofa: Motivational
Accent Pillows: Boyfriends_Shirt
Round Cushion Pillow made of fabric cut into petals
Flower Pillow: Mango_Bloom_Around
• Futon Fabric: Wash_a_Houndstooth
• Accent Chair: mango
^ Accent Pillow: California_Denim
• Furniture: stylish_ink

AhuraFarouk

Try to change your furniture or you can exchange with new in offers. Velvet orange sofa furniture will be good option with chairs... for floor you can go with various designer carpet

And for wall decoration selects any designer mirror sticker, it really gives royal look to wall

Peter-Pastel34

Denim blue huh? (notes date of OP)

Hope you've had sufficient time to rub some of your taste on him :)

agreen

Love all the shades of blue.

FairyPartiesSydney

Wow riamaria, you're pretty amazing.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 1 day ago
Milk_Cookies
Next: Buttermilk Icing
clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 1 day ago
Watermelon_Patch

Bottle_of_Poison
G4wow
G4wow
Posted 1 day ago
I've had the amusement out for individuals for about a year or thereabouts, just for g4wow Outland gold g4wow.com get their musings on the littlest things. Like how can it grope picking and dropping weapons? A considerable measure of the criticism was that it felt kind of cumbersome, grabbing and dropping things, and despite the fact that I burned through two months dealing with that framework, I wound up rejecting it. It simply wasn't adding for wow Outland gold the get and-play, natural feel that I'm searching for."
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 1 day ago
pay_day.
+
end_of_the_day.
=
life_passes_by.
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 1 day ago
money_talks.