Welcome. Here you'll find the latest home and interior-design focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next interior design project.

Channels»Home»Forums»Home»Living in Color»What would be a good colour scheme for a bedroom?

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

What would be a good colour scheme for a bedroom?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 15 of 15 Comments

MelissaRB

My walls are white (I've just painted them so I wouldn't like to paint them again!) and I've got a beige carpet. I've got a double bed in a caramel colour, a dressing table, wardrobe and chest all in unfinished pine (I'm planning on painting them a glossy white in the summer) My bedroom is 10'6 x 10'6

I'd like my bedroom to be sensual, romantic, sexy, serene and relaxing. I don't really know where to begin lol!

Any ideas on colours or even any decor would be super helpful!

Thanks very much :)

praxicalidocious

Hi, Melissa!
Hmm... Glossy white + beige + white walls...?

I think I would suggest a variety of shades of rose, if you don't find pink too overwhelming. It should go well with both white and beige. (Alternatively, some deep smooth blues would be nice, too.)

It would be especially good to have some 'mood lighting' for the effect you describe, to cut down on the harshness of white walls. This can be as simple as a red or pink scarf thrown over a lamp, as long as the lamp doesn't get too hot.

I'd go eclectic and feminine with the details (beadwork, mixed metals, mismatched lamps), especially since it sounds like you have a matching bedroom set - you'll want to blunt the severity as much as possible.

The_Getaway

MelissaRB

praxicalidocious wrote:
Hi, Melissa!
Hmm... Glossy white + beige + white walls...?

I think I would suggest a variety of shades of rose, if you don't find pink too overwhelming. It should go well with both white and beige. (Alternatively, some deep smooth blues would be nice, too.)

It would be especially good to have some 'mood lighting' for the effect you describe, to cut down on the harshness of white walls. This can be as simple as a red or pink scarf thrown over a lamp, as long as the lamp doesn't get too hot.

I'd go eclectic and feminine with the details (beadwork, mixed metals, mismatched lamps), especially since it sounds like you have a matching bedroom set - you'll want to blunt the severity as much as possible.

The_Getaway

Thank you very much! I really love that palette you made! I also like the idea of a blue colour scheme, too - what types of blue exactly would be used in a blue colour scheme?

You're right, everything except the bed is a plain wooden matching bedroom set and I will be more than happy to go feminine eclectic in my decorating :)

Great ideas, thanks :) xxxxx

praxicalidocious

Here's a couple of blue ideas. :)

The_Relaxing_GetawayThe_Serene_Getaway

And there's nothing wrong with a matching bedroom set; I think it will look really sharp in the glossy white you describe. (The caramel of your bed is another colour you can pull back into the room elsewhere, no matter what colours you go with.)

MelissaRB

Thank you very much!! They are all really pretty :)

My mum just donated a dark plum quilt to me for my bed - would this go with the rose colour scheme or not really? The plum is a lot like this colour http://www.colourlovers.com/color/441122/Bell_Brown

Thank you again for your kind words & advice :) <3

emilyc712

pink is the classic choice for sensuality & romance. Plum is sister to pink, in fact I think plum is a better choice than pink because it seems more grown up and has more substance if that makes sense. If you wanted to add another colour in as an accent to the white+beige+plum I would consider adding in a warm toned green (such as a lime or chartreuse) OR Another colour that I think goes great with plum is mustard yellow. I'm thinking a nice mustard toned satin accent pillow for your bed would be great!! You could also work it in to lamp shades or artwork, etc until you find the right balance - you don't want to overdo it.

Gabrielle Marie

Hi Melissa,

I have some suggestions for you.. The base.. colours white and naturel seems exellent to me.

My first suggestion.. you can be inspired by some treasures in your home were you are fond of.. like old jewellery, precious porcelain, a vintage scarf etc.it is such a good way to get inspired and think outside the box too..

My second suggestion will be. buy your self some really beauful shell(s) and let these colours inspire you..

My third suggestion will be a recent palette i made. It is a romantic palette but still has an "edge" that makes it not too.. "sweet"..

Fille_dEve

Good luck with it.

Gabrielle Marie

bennykingston

Hi Melissa,
MelissaRB wrote:
Thank you very much!! They are all really pretty :)

My mum just donated a dark plum quilt to me for my bed - would this go with the rose colour scheme or not really? The plum is a lot like this colour http://www.colourlovers.com/color/441122/Bell_Brown

Thank you again for your kind words & advice :) <3

Its actually perfect. You can go with the ROSE COLOUR SCHEME as its gonna be more eye catching. :) As a Online Shopping in Pakistan , I always prefer light colors in life. I used to live in WHITE and Pearl WHITE

riamarias

Melissa's Romance
Cameo_Romance
reading your note the Bedroom Colours: cream and white (?) adding colour
= Accent Wall *Wallpaper & Bed
Wallpaper: Cameo_Wings
Wallpaper: Cameo_Flower
Headboard: all
Accent Pillows: Romeo_Chamber
Bedding: cameo_orange
Quilt: Romeo_Paisley
Accent Fabric + A Pillow: Gingham_Splash

Chest: Romance_Splash
Staining Top: laced
Base of Chest: rainy light sky blue
All Furniture: laced

Windows:
Shades & Sheers: white paper

Note if the Chest set at the foot of the Bed . .
Furniture & Chest: laced *cushion: rainy light sky blue
Wardrobe: rainy light sky blue =D Ria

AhuraFarouk

I’ve some tips for romantic bedrooms in your budget

Bed -Convert or replace your bed with Canopy Bed,
Accessories – choose scented candles,
Interiors – glass interiors with inner adjustable lighting, (gives real romantic mood, personal exp :D)
Flooring – red designer carpet

You can go with more interior as per your budget

shellyku

what your and your lover's favorite color? Bedroom should have the feel at ease and warm feeling, I think. ^^

hollysjp

Purple is an ideal colour for bedroom as it is the colour of luxury, self-reflection, sensuality and romance. It is also calm and cool, allowing you to rest easy and feel luxurious. Match it with jewel tones, or accents of gold to really add life to it. Anything metallic also gains life from purple, especially silver or pewter shades. If overused it can be depressing though so be careful there. Good luck! x

aleksrossi

I think being romantic don't mean being totally feminine, because you have the other part two, right???So I came with a muted, unisex tones (Im a man and I like pink but we have to agree that it isnt the masculine choice!). Hope you like it!
Natural_Romantism

And here, some fabrics and patterns options...
Mimicism
Pleasure

Peter-Pastel34

For your criteria, burgundy or maroon is a must. I say maroon.

katheyjoseph

Love the green color.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

timanttimaarit
timanttimaarit
Posted 35 minutes ago
How sad is that. poor Betty doesn't trust herself. She trusts you eighteyed. X)
eighteyed wrote:
Approximate_ChevaurHighcroft_Mansion
Ooh! After all this time, BooBetty has changed the yellow color away from the original palette! Here's why!
My_original_paletteDesert_Custard
*update, has now changed (as of today) all the colors except my red. No doubt will get that one soon as well. Still, my palette colors are in all those patterns she made, unless she starts editing them over. By the way, Betty, two S in dessert.
moldypetunia
moldypetunia
Posted 1 hour ago
attic_dust
+
emanated_soul
=
dust_off_the_soul
Padmaraga
Padmaraga
Posted 1 hour ago
End_of_Summer

Next title: First of Autumn
Seahorse Girl
Seahorse Girl
Posted 1 hour ago
Summer_Haze
eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted 1 hour ago
Approximate_ChevaurHighcroft_Mansion
Ooh! After all this time, BooBetty has changed the yellow color away from the original palette! Here's why!
My_original_paletteDesert_Custard
*update, has now changed (as of today) all the colors except my red. No doubt will get that one soon as well. Still, my palette colors are in all those patterns she made, unless she starts editing them over. By the way, Betty, two S in dessert.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Home Colors

//View More ›

Latest Home Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Home Patterns

//View More ›