Welcome. Here you'll find the latest home and interior-design focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next interior design project.

Channels»Home»Forums»Home»Living in Color»What inspires you?

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

What inspires you?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 12 of 12 Comments

coloursplash

For painting a room, do you go by your instincts or take some inspiration from somewhere like clothes or nature, etc.?
For me it had always been more of instinct but off late i have started taking nature as an inspiration for interior palettes too. Because nature never goes wrong! whatever the combination maybe:)

In_the_beach

Rock_my_world

WNDINTER

Being an Interior Designer, I am painting rooms all the time! For the most part my inspiration comes from the latest trends in design especially whats hot in fabrics.
Often I will take a cue from what is in someones closet as that it typically what they feel good surrounding themselves with.
So many people have hardwood floors these days making rugs a necessity. These Beautiful works of art become fabulous color palettes to build a room around particularly antique Persian rugs. This is my personal favorite way to build a room.

Woven
Shiraz

coloursplash

WNDINTER wrote:
Being an Interior Designer, I am painting rooms all the time! For the most part my inspiration comes from the latest trends in design especially whats hot in fabrics.
Often I will take a cue from what is in someones closet as that it typically what they feel good surrounding themselves with.
So many people have hardwood floors these days making rugs a necessity. These Beautiful works of art become fabulous color palettes to build a room around particularly antique Persian rugs. This is my personal favorite way to build a room.

Woven
Shiraz

Yes true. Even I do this way many times. Its a nice way get colour coordinated i feel.

annibelle

I will definitely say, this would be SKY. The mixture and the shade, you will find in the sky, will never get anywhere. I love to color my interior from sky shade.

Sherry Moore

The colors that inspire me come from my soul. It's all about the way I feel.

littlegreene

Inspiration seems to come from all sorts of weird and wonderful places. We love the way you have matched up the photos with your colour splashes. The beach example works particularly well.

coloursplash

Agreed..being in this colour profession just makes me so conscious of colours everywhere around..i notice combination in a plate of food, places i visit, costumes and what not! its fun :)
littlegreene wrote:
Inspiration seems to come from all sorts of weird and wonderful places. We love the way you have matched up the photos with your colour splashes. The beach example works particularly well.

allenwd4x

Nice collection! I want to paint my living area so would you suggest me some cool colors or wallpaper design.

FairyPartiesSydney

I really like your beach interpretation :)
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 1 day ago
Milk_Cookies
Next: Buttermilk Icing
clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 1 day ago
Watermelon_Patch

Bottle_of_Poison
G4wow
G4wow
Posted 1 day ago
I've had the amusement out for individuals for about a year or thereabouts, just for g4wow Outland gold g4wow.com get their musings on the littlest things. Like how can it grope picking and dropping weapons? A considerable measure of the criticism was that it felt kind of cumbersome, grabbing and dropping things, and despite the fact that I burned through two months dealing with that framework, I wound up rejecting it. It simply wasn't adding for wow Outland gold the get and-play, natural feel that I'm searching for."
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 1 day ago
pay_day.
+
end_of_the_day.
=
life_passes_by.
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 1 day ago
money_talks.