Welcome. Here you'll find the latest home and interior-design focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your next interior design project.

Channels»Home»Blog
12 Poetic & Quote Worthy Pillow Covers for Your Home

12 Poetic & Quote Worthy Pillow Covers for Your Home

Custom slip covers are all the rage spanning over Pinterest and Etsy these days. The options are endless to disguise your boring old throw pillows in to squishy pieces of art. Methods are not limited to, but include photo transfers, screen printing, hand stitching and simply using sharpies. Aside from using patterns or graphic prints to add artistic whimsy to your couch or bedspread, opt for lettering in the form of quotes or poetry as a great way to punch up any social atmosphere in your home.

To celebrate National Poetry Month this April, I hope you'll enjoy this brilliant collection of the many slip cover types ranging from poetic classics quoted from the masters to downright amusing lines full of witty emphasis, down to abstract typographic meanderings.

J.R.R. Tolkien | "some feel the rain" | "trust the universe" | yellow & | hang.ry | gray alphabet | wedding song | "silence the mind" | "take me to the sea" | "all you need is love" | "I carry your heart" | Desiderata |

I truly love this trend of adding quotes, poems or words on to your average everyday throw pillows. Using slip-covers, it is an easy thing to switch up for seasonal messages or witty notes when you host.

Community Highlight

There are a number of fun, member-managed wordplay games here on COLOURlovers. One specific group sets up a challenge with palettes combined with HAIKU, we did a feature on it in 2011 here. Check it out!

These are so great, i need more couches for more pillows :D
I need that Hangry pillow right now! A very nice post Molly!
Too bad my house is not a pillow-friendly environment (one word: cats), or I would definitely order a bunch of them. :P
hahah! that one cracked me up. so me.

heerayni wrote:
I need that Hangry pillow right now! A very nice post Molly!
These designs could easily trade out for wall hangings ;) just say'n

falun red wrote:
I like that they are pretty much an "envelope" slip cover so you could hoard a bunch, start a pillow slip cover fetish and change them weekly if that suited you! heheh I may be on to something....

sec9586 wrote:
These are so great, i need more couches for more pillows :D
These designs could easily trade out for wall hangings ;) just say'n

falun red wrote:

That's a good idea - I've already used canvas bags for the same purpose ^^
Thats such a good idea! I may have to begin a collection... :D

sec9586 wrote:
These are so great, i need more couches for more pillows :D
I like this. What a great idea about wall hangings too Molly. Nice. Definitely on to something.
Those are all great! It would be awesome if one of them was about coffee, and another about being a crazy cat lady. Lol ;-) - Jesse
I'd love to see the bags! :)

falun red wrote:
These designs could easily trade out for wall hangings ;) just say'n

falun red wrote:

That's a good idea - I've already used canvas bags for the same purpose ^^
tapestries will be all the rage in 2016!!! hahah

zlaughingdog wrote:
this would be a fun way to showcase my poetry.
what a great idea
Subtle, but out there right?
novrain62 wrote:
this would be a fun way to showcase my poetry.
what a great idea
I always stop to read them in the shops..!And their colours are vivid usually which is not bad..!Really beautiful..:D
That's fun.We could show our writings and enjoy it.I just got a black&white orchid pillow and was planning to get it printed as I want that same prints on the wall behind the couch.Love this post❤
that sounds REALLY cool! Thanks, I'm getting a little bit obsessed with pillows even more now, I used to pin more design-oriented pillows to my pinterest board "pillows" - this was before the graphic & word oriented pillows became a trend... I'm realizing. My design pillows are pinned from the ones that have lots of ruffles or rosettes, now realizing how trends change in the matter of time Pinterest has been alive - just an interesting observation. I've been on pinterest since it was born.

would love to see that pillow you have!

albenaj wrote:
Society6 does everything you can think of on everything you can want, from pillowcases, canvas prints, bedspreads, tapestries, wall clock, t-shirts, rugs, phone covers, laptop skins to coffee mugs. You can sign up yourself and add your artwork on your account and start selling your designs to people who would purchase it. I was surprised that colourlovers does not have that much of a presence on it. It's a great community really, not that I am sponsoring it or anything, it is just related to this topic so I thought I would mention it.
Here is my pick of the many I have seen, especially for those who were asking for Coffee and Cat lady's representation.. *hugs*

*I apologize in advance if outside links are not allowed, if that is the case, I will remove this immediately, you only need ask.*
@heerayni I love it!!! thanks!! I wanted to post the "coffee cat lady" in comments for fun so thanks for doing it for me!!

Personally, as for outside links, I totally love it when others share useful and other source links. It's absolutely no problem, as society6 is not a spam link, totally cool with it. And I love that you took a moment to post some images here! :D It makes the comments section so fun and love the sharing.

COLOURlovers could have a presence in many useful communities... it's a matter of achieving that level via things like partnerships and sponsorships and acceptance from both community and the business end of things. If the community is supportive of more outside partnerships / sponsorships we can certainly look in to more avenues...

For example, the spoonflower connection for custom fabric >> If we gain momentum of support and engagement (like your beautiful comment and all the others interacting) then perhaps that can be a realistic idea for the near future. :D to partner up with sources such as society6 to get designs printed on anything. Keep being awesome! Don't apologize! <3
and I love your selections you posted!