Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»New Feature Requests»Updates coming for Seamless Studio?

Updates coming for Seamless Studio?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Penina

Hi CL,
I'm still hoping to see updated versions of Seamless Studio. Do you think we'll see something before the end of the year? It's such a great start, a great tool for the money.

Is anything in the works?

Bug/issue fixes? For example:
1. When I am importing a series of shapes, I must navigate away from the last shape, and then back to select the next one.
2. Memory handling

Feature improvements? For example:
1. Ability to use more key commands for more functions
2. Measuring tools

New features? For example:
1. Align tools
2. Import multiple shapes at once
3. A palette window when in Custom Colors mode

Thanks,

- Penina
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

OrigamiMei
OrigamiMei
Posted 40 minutes ago
I was thinking along the lines of "Holy snack cakes, Batman!"

eighteyed wrote:
Good grief.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 1 hour ago
No such thing as good grief but in psychotherapy circles.I am still not over my pets dying. I miss my Mom at times too. She taught me much about how to look at color.

I really know you mean well and you are pissed. I guess why not vent here? If other comments take you more in the direction you expected? Hope it works out for you.

You seem vibrant, creative and energetic? Sure this is the cause meant for you? Sure you can see possible outcomes at the end of it? I don't see any benefits at all to shaming people on a worldwide, internet, quite public site like this.

That was all I was trying to convey, long winded as I can be.

I wish you no harm or discomfort. You seem nice and passionate too---but with a bee in your bonnet that you need to decide how much attention and emotion you can spend on it. .
eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted 1 hour ago
Good grief.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 1 hour ago
eighteyed? Are you absolutely sure where the lines of intellectual property fall? I certainly do not mean to corner you because I really do agree with you. I admire you for starting this thread and venting. It cannot head anywhere good though unless people pick up some torches and ptichforks and storm some castle.

And please, how can there be an internal campaign on a site like this? I breeze through it without logging in. Does that make me external and not able to see shaming going on? I don't think so. This site reaches people all over the World.

Of course I despise the concept of people stealing IP and I live off royalties to a point. A color or color scheme itself is not protected by a copyright; unless represented in graphic or visual form and first creation can be established. I guess near everybody could file suit against others on this site for plagarism. I could learn to be angry like you for all those who find my hues, and values of them, for purple and lime green.

"Hang them," I think. We have not had good family entertainment on weekends since we stopped the practice. Most of the bandits you suggest plague the site will be lone wolves. But what if they have baby children, puppies, and kittens? Do you really want to see the adults they loved shunned on a color sharing site? Of course I joke but I don't see shaming people in public, ever, in any way, a good thing.

What sends me into fits is people who suggest whatever you find on the internet, you are free to use with attribution. If it shows up in forum comments here, why would you expect others to even think twice about "borrowing" colors, patterns, or repeat designs? Please explain to me the difference.

I have family who are lawyers, and gone now, is a cousin that was a federal judge. She was extremely nice but clever. The first thing she probably would ask you is if you brought a federal IP sort in front of you?

How many songs do you have on your music player or phone? Do you pay for a subscription to something like Spotify? Did you pay for any songs you downloaded to your listening devices? She would just want to know as you claimed horrible damages resulting from someone on ColourLovers replicating and stealing a pattern design or color palette of yours. I don't think she would hold it against you since not pertinent to your case.

I am really trying to get through to you that you face more danger continuing on this shaming path of yours if someone reacts and turns back on you than you can imagine. Do you have money to defend a deformation suit? You do know you have to defend a lawsuit to some point, no matter how absurd, a judgement could be entered against you? Is this crusade of your really worth it?

If I were you, and I know it is hard, just drop this. I don't want to seem trite, snippy or cliche, but pick your battles. Suck it up and move on. It is going to happen more and more on any public site sharing creativity. If you cannot handle it, and I certainly would not blame you, leave ColourLovers. You will miss it though.

When the real war over all this starts? I will be right on your side or two steps ahead screaming, "For Creatives!", with my face cleverly painted and a sword held over my head like Mel Gibson did once in some movie. You are not getting me into a kilt even with pattern designs from this site though.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 2 hours ago
So, your are still considering options and you have the time do so for a bit longer?
Many color programs will let you import a photo, click your mouse, and they will kick back the percentage of color and digital codes for the pixels. Free and cheaper ones will only allow you to see so many. Mine is adjustable. I have mentioned it before, and I don't mean to hype it, but Color Impact is what I still use, all the time, in retirement to help family, friends and former clients stuck now. I think you can still try it full-featured for a time. It is only $30-40 for a license though.

Nice thing about things like fully configured Color Impact, or its competitors, is once you have colors abstracted, from say the New Zealand landscape where at least the background you want to emulate came from, you can be absolutely be near abusive in exploring them. You can build custom color wheels with a mouseclick. And of course explore palettes. Once you find one you like you can massage the values (lighter darker) of the colors you like. The blender will let you adjust the increments around both sides of the color wheel you built or let you see the line from one color to the next directly. You can even adjust color noise. Handy if you are looking for cool looking napkin color for your tables, or flowers that fit a color scheme.

One thing brides seem to experience these days is disappointment when having gone through what you are going through, they cannot find fabrics in the right color? People forget that places like Spoonflower are just spitting process color fabric dye. Their machines don't care if they print patterns or solid color on fabric.It is all CMYK to them. Just like your home inkjet but probably better tweaked for color accuracy.

I think Spoonflower, and others like it, only offer to print one side of fabric though. I have heard there are "perfecting" (carry over from the printing industry meaning a printing press could print both sides at the same time) machines in design centers around the World.

I am absolutely clueless about most fabric and thread stuff, save or how color gets in and those optioins. I had a person on staff that dealt with our clients into such stuff.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›