Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»Sponsorship Issue

Sponsorship Issue

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 141 Comments
Not so much a bug as a problem I'm having with my sponsorship. I paid to renew it over a week ago and it doesn't seem to have gone through. I'm still getting adds and can't access the sponsor features in my profile and it's beginning to get quite frustrating. I sent a message via the "contact us" form but haven't had a response. I have the paypal receipt, I can send a copy via email to whoever needs to see it, I just have no idea who to contact about this. Any help anyone could give me on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Luna--

This happened to me--I contacted Darius (COLOURlover) via love note and within a few days the problem was fixed. :-).
The first thing I did was contact Darius, I got back an automatic reply saying he was no longer dealing with colourlovery stuff. I was given the email address of Aaron and told to contact him, but he hasn't replied and so I came on here hoping someone would hear my call for help. The problem is still not fixed but at least I know somebody cares:) *Hugs*
I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on the colour council even reads the contact forms, let alone these message boards. Can somebody please help me?!
Luna, have you tried writing to [email protected]? Last time I paid for sponsorship was in May, and I have no idea about now, but back then the PayPal receipt email contained this address as the seller's contact information.

Sadly almost needless to say, I had issues with the sponsorship not taking effect, so I wrote to this email address and got a response from Creative Market Support in a day. It took them another two weeks to admit they hadn't been able to fix my particular issue, but I got an immediate refund plus two sponsorship credits for free, and as a side-effect, they also fixed their gift to a friend option I'd originally been trying to use.

I suggest contacting them on this address, they do pay close attention to Creative Market support requests.
Thankyou so much for the suggestion! I just sent off an email though reasonably I wouldn't expect a reply until after the weekend.

It's quite disappointing to see that Colourlovers seems to have become almost the forgotten side-project of Creative Market, especially as a) we were assured this would not happen and b) CM wouldn't have been possible without CL in the first place. It's to be expected I suppose but sad nonetheless.
I'm fairly sure CL doesn't even pay its own bills, and as such, it is a service that's, at this point, partially a philanthropic gesture. I certainly wasn't around when CL started going down and CM rising up, but I don't believe any of that really matters anymore, or that we could really blame the creators for doing what ultimately puts dinner on their tables every evening. This is a home for the most of us that, from a purely monetary point of view, isn't necessarily supposed to exist anymore, but it does. I definitely don't want to preach and I totally see where you're coming from, I'm just trying to show you why I think the glass is really half full.
I absolutely see where you're coming from and I don't blame them either for prioritising CM. However, from a monetary point of view, not only did I still pay for something and not receive it, I have had no response whatsoever from the multiple channels I have attempted to make contact through. It's just incredibly frustrating is all. At this point I feel like I either have to pursue a resolution through paypal and/or give up on colourlovers altogether, neither of which I particularly want to do:(
You are completely right, and I went through the same frustration in May, I guess I have just managed to forget it once the situation got resolved while you're still running errands for getting what you have paid for in good faith. My reaction was more to the CL vs. CM remark, but for the original issue, I do believe that if anything, their payment processes should work flawlessly. Let us know if you get a reply, so that others know what to expect.
Will do, and thankyou for caring about my plight, it really means a lot to me:)
Don't mention it. We should take care of one another if there's no one else here anymore to take care of us. ;)
Hi, all - stumbled upon this discussion - I finally paid for a sponsorship, which I've meant to do for a long time.....It's been about three days, but haven't noticed the cute little heart across my profile. Wondering how long this might take?

Kim
Luna Rosa wrote:
I absolutely see where you're coming from and I don't blame them either for prioritising CM. However, from a monetary point of view, not only did I still pay for something and not receive it, I have had no response whatsoever from the multiple channels I have attempted to make contact through. It's just incredibly frustrating is all. At this point I feel like I either have to pursue a resolution through paypal and/or give up on colourlovers altogether, neither of which I particularly want to do:(
Luna, please don't give up on CL! This wouldn't be the same without you!
Kim100 wrote:
Luna Rosa wrote:

Kim100 wrote:
Luna Rosa wrote:
Kim, you're another victim of the sponsorship process not working. It should take effect immediately. I suggest that you write to the same address, [email protected]. In the worst case, request a refund.

Guys, if this doesn't get resolved and fixed in two weeks' time, I'll add an ad blocker option to COLOURlovers Plus! for those of you who use it.
Thanks for the info, g@bor. I have been thinking about your problem, Luna Rosa. I didn't comment, because I can't help, but I do want you to know that your problem is important to all of us. Hopefully, you'll get fair treatment and Not Leave CL!
Sadly, I agree with Luna that CL has become a forgotten side-project of Creative Market. It has been a long time since were any updates on this website. Including the account/sponsors page. As you can see the expiration date is Dec. 21, 2013. They should just put "We are no longer offering sponsorship" or something of that nature if they are not going to keep up with it.

Luna Rosa wrote:
Thankyou so much for the suggestion! I just sent off an email though reasonably I wouldn't expect a reply until after the weekend.

It's quite disappointing to see that Colourlovers seems to have become almost the forgotten side-project of Creative Market, especially as a) we were assured this would not happen and b) CM wouldn't have been possible without CL in the first place. It's to be expected I suppose but sad nonetheless.
That is actually a bug, I think that's either what is displayed by default for people who have never had a sponsor status, or this was the expiration date of your latest sponsorship period. If you successfully renew your sponsorship, this is what you see:

In other words, the sponsorship program hasn't been phased out, it's just that
a) there is a bug with the displayed expiry date for users who aren't currently sponsors, and
b) the sponsorship purchasing process is currently broken.
With respect to the sponsorship purchasing process, the system gladly accepted my $20 US!
Yes, it does, but it doesn't grant you with sponsor status, which is why I'm saying the process is broken. It is, in fact, broken in the worst way, accepting your money, but failing to grant you the status on success. Been there, done that. Kinda the bottom line: everybody please refrain from buying a sponsorship until someone here confirms that the process has been fixed by CL/CM staff.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Skiffy
Skiffy
So... is this site failing? There's so many things "the sphinx server has broken" Or is all this just "normal"?
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
CVV - FULLZ INFO - DL PHOTO - FULLZ DEAD
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.