Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»Overuse of CL

Overuse of CL

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 13 of 13 Comments
Holy cow. O_O
I never get spotlighted. Lol. No one looks at my stuff.
What is that an image of? And what is the "spotlight" you refer to? I've been here forever and I have no idea what this thread is about. lol

I do know that a HUGE colourlovers pet peeve of mine is color hoarders — people who mindlessly claim color after color after color like a machine all day long. They hoard THOUSANDS of colors in a very short amount of time. And they put no thought into naming them. All for what? What is the point of color hoarding? I know of a couple of crazy color hoarders here. They are completely nuts. And they NEVER respond when you sitemail them to ask them why they do what they do.

The number of colors to claim here is NOT infinite. It should be common courtesy for each member to only claim a few every so often. I wish there was a daily limit to the number of colors a member can claim.
Oh, I whole-heartedly agree about color hoarding being annoying.

omentum wrote:
What is that an image of? And what is the "spotlight" you refer to? I've been here forever and I have no idea what this thread is about. lol

I do know that a HUGE colourlovers pet peeve of mine is color hoarders — people who mindlessly claim color after color after color like a machine all day long. They hoard THOUSANDS of colors in a very short amount of time. And they put no thought into naming them. All for what? What is the point of color hoarding? I know of a couple of crazy color hoarders here. They are completely nuts. And they NEVER respond when you sitemail them to ask them why they do what they do.

The number of colors to claim here is NOT infinite. It should be common courtesy for each member to only claim a few every so often. I wish there was a daily limit to the number of colors a member can claim.
this is an image of CL pattern browser (here) with user set to the one in question.
the 'spotlight' is the fact that the Community Home page has a featured lover, and it is chosen programatically by activity.
I kinda agree with the colour hoarding, but I had thought that had stopped.
keep in mind that the CL app for ipad autonames any new colours in palettes created that way, which may give the impression of hoarding.

omentum wrote:

HopeFull's chart is a collection of patterns, which a certain user created using the same old colours over and over again ... on a single template.
He/she always creates a pattern for each possible combination of this colours. This results in hundreds of patterns, which spam the list of new patterns and the inbox of the template makers.
Said user is a member since 2008 but does not communicate at all (24 comments), probably but not only because he doesn't speak English.

I really don't believe that he is seeking attention and aims for a featured artist title (where is this to be found anyway?). This rather looks like a personality disorder. Compulsive or maybe autistic in some form.
I suggest to leave him be and live with the annoyance. It's the thing he does here and he obviously finds some joy in it. Gladly the contribution bursts have become fewer the last couple of months.

The perfect solution would be a site feature, allowing each member to block certain users (their contributions and notes). I doubt we'll see such thing anytime soon, though.

Why people are hoarding colours is beyond me. Finding an unclaimed colour is in no way an artistic process. There's no creation in it, no value. It's more like playing Battleships or collecting easter eggs. The fame that derives from it is a cheap one.
To me a colour, claimed or unclaimed, means nothing without the interaction of at least another one. So I don't bother finding colours never used here before, but instead those that fit the template or the palette. Moreover the annoyance of having to name them is killing me. *rolleyes*
Ohhh ... that's where the creative process is. In naming! O.O
Where is said featured lover spot? I can't find it on the home page.

HopeFull wrote:
the 'spotlight' is the fact that the Community Home page has a featured lover, and it is chosen programatically by activity.
on the line which says "Browse Community Channel...."
Click Community but dont choose a sub menu.

I agree with the disorder idea, I also thought this initially. I have seen this person as a featured lover several times which is what gave me the idea.
I have left it before until I made this connection. Have ignored for a long while, but if they featured lover can be decided some other way (such as randomly) it would be preferable.

needsomedaylight wrote:
Where is said featured lover spot? I can't find it on the home page.

HopeFull wrote:
hate say it but the spotlight has nothing to do with it. this person has always done this it one reason im not on some much anymore cuz it is annoying as hell. from the time i joined this person has done this you will see it in their profile. all the patterns they have done.
oh and they are not the only one to be doing it i notice some new ones as well and another oldie.
I suspect this person is not quite with it. I notice she is a 27 year old High school student.
I locked the template she was using and this seems to have stopped the problem for a while. I havent noticed anyone else
letitgo7 wrote:
hate say it but the spotlight has nothing to do with it. this person has always done this it one reason im not on some much anymore cuz it is annoying as hell. from the time i joined this person has done this you will see it in their profile. all the patterns they have done.
I really doubt that the person is really 27 and in high school (although, here in Asia, high school is quite different than it does in the Western world) Instead, I imagine this is a young person, a teenager perhaps, and sometimes teenagers don't have the most sense.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
4 days ago
---------- Welcome To My Store ----------

REAL INFOS FULLZ SSN DOB + DL ( DRIVING LICENSE ) Fresh 100% for all state ( FL,CA,UT,TX,MN,PA,OH...etc)-

Telegram: @paulsky555 - ( Name: Mr. Paul ) - Working 24/7

Fomat Fullz : Fullz Name DOB SSN Adress City State Zip + DLWe provide fullz with 100% fresh quality and no resale

You can use it to open an account, etc... depending on your qualifications and working style

FULLZ INFO SSN DOB + CREDIT SCORE ( 700-800 ) WITHOUT DL

Sell original DL Scan Front, Back + SSN number USA ( front and back + SSN Number ), selfie...

We have country EU ID Card and DL SCAN : Netherland, Spain, Sweden, France, Romania,Sweden,Poland,UK,Latvia Litva...ETC ( front and back ), selfie..

Request your country ! sex...ETC

100% fresh quality and no resale

You can use it to open an account, etc... depending on your qualifications and working style

Take advantage of it !!!

Sell Dead Fullz Uk + NIN + DL / US All Bank

Sell Fullz CA + SIN

_________Contact Us________

Thanks!!!!
paulsky555
paulsky555
4 days ago

REAL INFOS FULLZ SSN DOB + DL ( DRIVING LICENSE ) Fresh 100% for all state ( FL,CA,UT,TX,MN,PA,OH...etc)-

Fomat Fullz : Fullz Name DOB SSN Adress City State Zip + DLWe provide fullz with 100% fresh quality and no resale

Sell original DL Scan Front, Back + SSN number USA ( front and back + SSN Number ), selfie...

We have country EU ID Card and DL SCAN : Netherland, Spain, Sweden, France, Romania,Sweden,Poland,UK,Latvia Litva...ETC ( front and back ), selfie..

Take advantage of it !!!

Sell Fullz CA + SIN

Thanks!!!!
paulsky555
paulsky555
4 days ago

Take advantage of it !!!

Sell Fullz CA + SIN

Thanks!!!!
paulsky555
paulsky555
4 days ago

Take advantage of it !!!

Sell Fullz CA + SIN

Thanks!!!!
paulsky555
paulsky555
5 days ago
Fullz info ssn dob dl ( DL Scan ) Fresh good for do Uber-LYFT....
Full Dead Info UK
Telegram: Paulsky555

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.